Panther's 7 rules on strength and self-defense

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

Lori

Post by Lori »

The "muscle to muscle" thread sparked some discussion on strategy for women facing larger/stronger opponents. Panther-san posted some great ideas in response to Kristy's question as to how best to train for this eventuality. I'm re-posting here as these rules are a great part of "mindset training! Feel free to add to them and/or elaborate.

Panther-san - understanding your comment that these are just general rules - I hope you don't mind me opening up discussion on them further as the points you make need to be emphasized to female practitioners. I'm not one to discuss specific technique on a forum (never could visualize too well from the words anyway) and the misreading/misusing is a valid concern. My intent here is to give a voice to the philosophical/strategic side of your rules - if I overstep please advise! Image

-Lori

Panther's 7 General Rules
----------------------------------------
1) Women are not weaker than men... they just have different strengths and must use them in different ways.

2) Any opponent can be defeated.

3) Do not defeat yourself!

4) Make your attacker work hard, while you use "conservation of motion". Then your attacker will wear down and end up defeated and tired.

5) There is no such thing as a "dirty" or "clean" fight! Your only goal is survival.

6) Anything can and should be used as a weapon. Especially your surroundings.

7) Do not leave your attacker in a position to continue the attack. Do not think about the attacker's well-being, the attacker wasn't thinking of yours... therefore, make certain that when you stop the attack that you have definitely stopped the attack.
Panther

Post by Panther »

The big cat raises his head from grooming and realizes he's gotten some interest... Image

I, too, must leave for training and other such life endeavours away from the keyboard... However, if there is interest from the women kara-te-kas here, I can certainly expound on my 7 rules and create more confusion for discussion. Image

be good to each other...

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”