Passages

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

Van Canna

Passages

Post by Van Canna »

here are some reflections from another forum:

Time, child bearing, refined sugar and gravity all has a drastic effect on the female form. What you have to remember is that beauty ALWAYS fades. Those old hunched over people that you see barely getting around were once strong like you and me, but looking at them in the twilight of their life, it is hard to picture. Hey, don't get me wrong, I love looking at beautiful woman.

My eyes are drawn to them like a kid to a candy dish but I have realized that it is really all-just smoke and mirrors.

What made me realize this was the death of my Grandparents years ago. They were married for 69 years! Before they died, their good looks and young skin had long since left them, but they still looked at each other with the blinders of their youth. He saw the 17-year-old girl he
married and she the 19-year-old love of her life. When my grandfather died suddenly at the age of 88 years, my grandmother was heart broken and 30 days later she died as well.

So remember that even though the pro suit of that young flesh is OH SO NICE, it is transient. True love, if you can find it, can last a lifetime.

Usually by 30, (or two kids), you can tell if a woman is going to "let herself go".
If the woman is physically active, chances are she will not get too far off track.

But if she is just running on "youthful beauty", that does indeed fade, usually between 25 and 30. One day her metabolism will slow down, or she will start staying home with the kids and eating bon-bons, or ...

If you are choosing any woman because of physical features, rent do not buy. When you find the one that you would love when she is old and gray, time to think long term.

[This message has been edited by Van Canna (edited August 07, 2000).]
Lori

Passages

Post by Lori »

[cue music]

If ya wanna be happy for the rest of your life - never make a pretty woman your wife...

On a serious note - fine points indeed - thanks for bring them up here. Again it is the inside that counts more than the outside - which is fleeting and illusory to say the least.

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”