On men and women part deux

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

Van Canna

On men and women part deux

Post by Van Canna »

Sex pleasure in woman … is a kind of magic spell; it demands complete abandon; if words or movements oppose the magic of caresses, the spell is broken.

Simone De Beauvoir (1908–86), French novelist, essayist. The Second Sex,

Men always fall for frigid women because they put on the best show.

Fanny Brice

Older women can afford to agree that femininity is a charade, a matter of coloured hair, écru lace and whalebones, the kind of slap and tat that transvestites are in love with, and no more.

Germaine Greer

The feminine mystique has succeeded in burying millions of American women alive.

Betty Friedan

If man knew how women pass the time when they are alone, they’d never marry.

O. Henry [William Sydney Porter]

Men get to be a mixture of the charming mannerisms of the women they have known.

F. Scott Fitzgerald (1896–1940), U.S. author. The Crack-Up

Much can be inferred about a man from his mistress: in her one beholds his weaknesses and his dreams.

G. C. Lichtenberg (1742–99), German physicist

The great majority of men, especially in France, both desire and possess a fashionable woman, much in the way one might own a fine horse—as a luxury befitting a young man.

Stendhal (1783–1842), French author. De l’Amour,

Whatever they may be in public life, whatever their relations with men, in their relations with women, all men are rapists and that’s all they are. They rape us with their eyes, their laws, their codes.

Marilyn French (b. 1929), U.S. author. Valerie, in The Woman’s Room,

A relationship, I think, is like a shark, you know? It has to constantly move forward or it dies. And I think what we got on our hands is a dead shark.

Woody Allen

A woman should say: “Have I made him happy? Is he satisfied? Does he love me more than he loved me before? Is he likely to go to bed with another woman?” If he does, then it’s the wife’s fault because she is not trying to make him happy.

Barbara Cartland

To be completely woman you need a master, and in him a compass for your life. You need a man you can look up to and respect. If you dethrone him it’s no wonder that you are discontented, and discontented women are not loved for long.

Marlene Dietrich

Women receive
the insults of men
with tolerance,
having been bitten
in the nipple
by their toothless gums.

Dilys Laing (1906–60), Canadian poet, editor. Veterans.

------------------
Van Canna

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”