Women, Martial Arts and Sex Symbols

A place to share ideas, concerns, questions, and thoughts about women and the martial arts.

Moderator: Available

Lori

Post by Lori »

Hey Panther-san,

That wasn't Doctor X that you were interviewing in Japan by any chance was it? Image (Just kidding!)
Panther

Post by Panther »

Lori-san,

I don't think that guy had any knowledge of General Sherman... Image

I did want to add one thing though... Something my Daddy taught me (at a young age) as a fundamental difference between how I should treat men and women... I feel, personally, that it's one of those "defining" rules that makes a man a gentleman...

<blockquote>Respect is given differently depending on whether the receiver is a man or woman. Men must earn respect. It is something that, through their own actions, others decide to give them. Women, on the other hand, recieve respect because they are women and that fact affords them the status of being respected. For a woman, respect isn't something that she must earn, but it is something which she (just as a man) can certainly lose.</blockquote>
Panther

Post by Panther »

Good Doctor,

Thanks for the respectful reply...

When I was in Japan, I was once called a somewhat derogatory term meaning "crazy foreigner"... (hin'na gaijin) At first I was insulted, but one very nice and sweet Japanese girl... young woman... started using it in almost an affectionate manner with me. Meaning that I was a "Crazy foreigner, because I liked Japanese things and understood Japanses culture better than some natives" (Her explaination, not mine... Image ) So, while others amazed at my lack of tolerance when someone referred to me using a japanese, less-than-polite diminutive manner... they were more amazed at my "allowing" this person to address me in such a tone. Image

Now back to counting my stash of CSA currency... Image ROTFLMAO!

[This message has been edited by Panther (edited September 12, 2000).]
Panther

Post by Panther »

J.D.,

What can I say... That was great! Image

I needed it first thing this morning to brighten my day...

And the stash of CSA currency was indeed used to start the winter hearth!

Doomo Arigato, O-tomodachi...

Return to “Women and the Martial Arts”