Hi and Happy New Year!

New members and old members are invited to introduce (or re-introduce) themselves to the community.

Moderator: Available

Jeff Cook

Hi and Happy New Year!

Post by Jeff Cook »

I stumbled across this forum and saw a few names and acquaintances I recognized, one of whom is Rory Miller - hope all is well where you're at, brother.

My bio is on my web page and a few other places on the 'net, with my martial arts background (if you are interested in that stuff). I'm active duty Army (National Guard), senior non-commissioned officer, just turned the 20 year corner. A few of my folks have martial arts schools; I visit them when I can, and don't want the headache of running my own dojo anymore; military OPTEMPO has a way of interfering with my extracurricular activities :wink:. I ran my own security consultation gig for about 15 years, training and providing teams to higher-risk venues (really ugly clubs with gang and dealer activity), various special events, as well as the occasional EP gig. I currently help my best friend with his business - www.bodyguardprinciples.com - with operations and training.

Having the crap scared out of me countless times has given me a healthy respect for the potential deadliness of untrained yet highly motivated folks, and has taught me a number of things about my own limitations. Life is short, training is essential, luck even more so.

Jeff Cook
gmattson
Site Admin

Welcome to the forums Jeff. . .

Post by gmattson »

Thanks for joining our forums. Have a great New Year.

Best,
George Mattson
RA Miller

Post by RA Miller »

Welcome, Jeff. I think you'll like this crew. No butt kissing, they aren't afraid to disagree (though a little pouting now and then), encyclopedic knowledge on stuff I know very little about, very diverse points of view...

Reminds me of you.

It's a pretty good family. I always feel honored they let me visit.

Rory
Jeff Cook

Post by Jeff Cook »

I pout??? :wink:

Jeff Cook

Return to “Member Introductions”