Hello from Pennsylvania

New members and old members are invited to introduce (or re-introduce) themselves to the community.

Moderator: Available

BigAl

Hello from Pennsylvania

Post by BigAl »

OSU! My name is Al and I am actually a student of Kyokushin karate but I have always been very interested in Uechi Ryu. I had the pleasure of training in Goju Ryu while stationed at Okinawa when I was in the Marine Corps, and that was when I dedicated myself to being a student of karate. I feel all the different karate systems are related, thus it's always interesting to learn more. Hoping to learn a lot from this site, thanks for letting me sign up.
mhosea

Re: Hello from Pennsylvania

Post by mhosea »

Welcome.
Mike
Stevie B

Post by Stevie B »

Hello Trufel Hunden!! OooRah!! What years were you in Okinawa? We may know each other or of each other.. You didn't happen to study Goju Ryu under Wade Chroninger on Camp Foster did you?

SILENCE!!! I Kill You!!!!
BigAl

Post by BigAl »

Stevie B wrote:Hello Trufel Hunden!! OooRah!! What years were you in Okinawa? We may know each other or of each other.. You didn't happen to study Goju Ryu under Wade Chroninger on Camp Foster did you?
As a matter of fact, I did. I was there from mid-2001 to mid-2002. Sensei Chroninger is a great instructor and a friendly, knowledgeable guy in general. Small world!
Stevie B

Post by Stevie B »

Remeber a guy named Steve that would show up once in a while and work with Wade?? The guy that studied under Kiyohide Shinjo Sensei in the Uechi Ryu Kenyukai from Kadena? Ever been to Molly Goodheads on Gate 2 Street? :lol: :lol: :lol: We did " Way of the Warrior" for National Geographic.. or Discovery Channel maybe..

BigAl

Post by BigAl »

Wait, are you the Steve who opened Molly Goodhead's and kept giving us all those Typhoon Condition shots?? If so, I remember when you first opened up and I was dating one of your bartenders, Aya. If you're the same Steve, I think I actually have a picture with you somewhere! That was my favorite bar when I was stationed there.
Stevie B

Post by Stevie B »

Hahahaha Yes Sir!!! I'm in Cleveland!!! I remember you!! Aya was sweet!!Where in PA are you? The world just became smaller!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BigAl

Post by BigAl »

I'm in Pittsburgh actually. Came back home after my time, working on my 10th year of military service, and am working long hours while trying to raise a family and trying to train when I can. It sure did! Are you on Facebook?
Stevie B

Post by Stevie B »

Yes I am... Hit me up Under Steve Brigante in Strongsville, OH :D I'm still trying to find Wade.. I think he's out in Nevada somewhere..

BigAl

Post by BigAl »

I saw something about him being out in Roswell, NM. I haven't been able to find him either.
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

Just noticed your posts "Big Al". Welcome to the forums!
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Stevie B

Post by Stevie B »

GEM... What is so very cool(and you should know) is that the gentleman we speak of (Wade Chroninger) was featured with the Shinjo Dojo back in around 1999 in the Discovery Channel's "Way of the Warrior".. Alex was one of Wades student's (Meibukan Goju Ryu- Ikieimiyagi Sensei), and through your Forums we have all been able to reconnect... Can't speak for AL yet, but I'm sure it's coming soon..This is the fruit!!! :D

Return to “Member Introductions”