Saying hello..

New members and old members are invited to introduce (or re-introduce) themselves to the community.

Moderator: Available

Andret

Saying hello..

Post by Andret »

Hello everyone..

I'm Andre Tippett and i've been involved in Uechi/Shohei Ryu since 1982 and a student at the Okinawan Karate Club in Stoughton, Ma. Before getting drafted to the New England Patriots, I studied in Newark, NJ in the early 70's and then trained with a group in Iowa City, IA after getting a full ride to the University of Iowa. While in Iowa City I read "The Essence of Okinawan Karatedo" cover to cover maybe 10 times, that book helped me fill in many missing blanks to many questions that appeared out of the blue.

I've been following Mattson, Sensei webpage for a very long time.. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading different sections inside the forum. I have had the good fortune to know many of the most senior people here in our New England region. Keep up the insightful information!

Best in all things,
Andre
Van Canna

Re: Saying hello..

Post by Van Canna »

Dear Andre,

Sorry not to have responded sooner to your introduction, as I usually peruse only a few forums.

Let me say that I am delighted to see you part of this wonderful site, and would personally be honored if you would get on my forum whenever you felt like it, to respond to, or start threads of your very own for discussion.

Please think of my forum as your forum, use it as you wish.

I know so many of us would love to read anything you'd wish to write, with much learning to be gained from your perspectives.

All the best, Andre,
Van
gmattson
Site Admin

Re: Saying hello..

Post by gmattson »

Hi Andre:

What Van says represents how the entire Uechi community feels. You have made so many contributions to the martial arts generally and Uechi-ryu specifically, that you have become a role model for all students and teachers to follow.

I just wish you would take me up on my offer to play golf here in Mount Dora, FL with me next time you decide to visit Florida. :) The courses here are absolutely beautiful and I know you would enjoy the visit.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"

Return to “Member Introductions”