More on chemical sprays...

RACastanet

More on chemical sprays...

Post by RACastanet »

Hello Dave.

Recently I gave a chem spray demo at a self defense class. I had been using MACE triple action sprays for demos simply because I had some around that were nearing the expiration date and I wanted to make use of them. At the last demo I used a SABRE brand triple action because that was the oldest one I had. As we discussed not too long ago the SABRE brand uses military CS tear gas instead of the CN that MACE uses.

The night I used it was pretty calm with a very light breeze. I sprayed a little cloud that would waft over so the class could get a whiff of it and feel some effect. I walked into the cloud and took a breath and WOW did it hurt. I was expecting the CN's effect and had forgotten the effect inside the military tear gas chamber with the CS. The SABRE with CS has a much better effect than the MACE with CN, at least on me.

Do you find this to be true when testing other civilian chem sprays?

Rich
Member of the world's premier gun club, the USMC!
Dave Young

Hey Rich----Semper Fi...

Post by Dave Young »

Rich,

Sorry it has taken me a while to get back with you as I was on the road for a few weeks.

CN and CS have different particulates which make them stay airborne longer and for different reasons in an aerosol form.

Basically, the aerosol versions of CN and CS which are not biodegradable. CS is more persistent then CN and CN will dissipate at a faster rated when compared to CS. In regards to the civilian brands they are basically the same as the law enforcement formulas just reduced in strength, solvents and over all formulations.

You will always get more of an area contamination when using the CS or CN formulation along then combined with OC because they are lighter and will stay airborne longer for that same reason, plus add the precipitation, humidity and circulation of air flow.

I hope that answered your question. If not call me and I can give you a more focused reply. Thanks.

Dave

Return to “Kyohon - Realist Related (Real Self Defense)”