Forum Moderator

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
Panther

Forum Moderator

Post by Panther »

I will be unable to moderate the forum for the next 10-12 days because of a crunch-time at work and having to make that a priority. I will be able to return, much to many folks dismay :lol: , shortly before Christmas. In the meantime, I have requested that Canna-Sensei moderate this forum and asked Mattson-Sensei to help and keep an eye on the place to make sure it doesn't get trashed too much. :P Whatever Canna-Sensei and Mattson-Sensei deem to be appropriate actions to take in this forum while I am absent have my complete support. (So no funny business, 'cause they both can kick my behind... although I've been told that I'm usually more "rank". ;) )

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays.

Take care and be good to each other...
Deep Sea

Post by Deep Sea »

Happy Holidays to you too, Panther.
Always with an even keel.
-- Allen
gmattson
Site Admin

As long as Van doesn't start another

Post by gmattson »

Kyu kumite (non-bash) thread! :)
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Deep Sea

Post by Deep Sea »

Kyu kumite (non-bash) thread!
I dn't know if this was directed to me to visit another topic, George, but after being thrown in the washing machine and hung out to dry I couldn't care less about giving my opinions on these forums any more right now. I'm interested in not writing how innefectual they are, rather what can be done to make them more effective.

I, like others, see a lot of problems with the practice of the kumites and I know how to fix them to make them work for the multitudes, but it ain't worth the aggrivation right now. I am engaged in taking care of other priorities and am currently using most of my former internet time to make my own karate better.
Always with an even keel.
-- Allen
Van Canna

Re: As long as Van doesn't start another

Post by Van Canna »

gmattson wrote:Kyu kumite (non-bash) thread! :)
As a matter of fact.... :wink: maybe a thread on live vs. dead kumite :?: :lol:
Van
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

On second thought, maybe not...we wouldn't want to trash this forum with opinions by "old faithful"- -"blowholes" or by members of the "you wouldn't understand, and can't do them well, Club"
Would we now :?:

No we should post threads that are always in agreement and non-controversial, so everyone is happy. :x-mas:
Van

Return to “Realist Training”