Web Site To Revoke Moore's "Award"

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
Kevin Mackie

Web Site To Revoke Moore's "Award"

Post by Kevin Mackie »

Thought I'd pull this out of the gun control thread.

As Michael Savage says often, ultra-liberalism is a form of mental illness.

There's no way to convince these people when they are wrong about something with either logic or fact, which has been presented by many clear-thinking intelligent posters. Especially nice job, Rich!

http://www.revoketheoscar.com
Thaws

Post by Thaws »

Another example of people with too much time on their hands. Is this really that important? Stiffling decent is unamerican.
Don Rearic

Post by Don Rearic »

Thaws wrote:Another example of people with too much time on their hands. Is this really that important? Stiffling decent is unamerican.
I'm sure you meant to say, "stifling dissent is un-American," yeah?

So, people who know that this blatant liar is blowing smoke up the collective ass of the American People, as well as the world, these people are not allowed to voice their disapproval of it? I would think that this would be "un-American" behavior.

They are not allowed to voice the opinion that the "Academy" should revoke his award because it does not even fit their (Academy) definition of a documentary and it is, in point of fact, just a piece of propaganda that has multiple lies and distortions contained in it that is being given great praise by the opponents of a real Civil Right in this country?

What is so ironic about your post, besides the language you do not understand, is the fact that if you are "against" the website linked that is Anti-Moore, you would actually be "stifling DECENT," as in stifling decency, because that website dedicated to revoking his (Moore's) award is far more decent than he is.

Since when do we protect the Right to Dissent when the Dissent being spewed is simply one fat man lying his ass off?

Seems to me that you think stifling the truth is perfectly acceptable. That's pretty damned sad.
Stultorum infinitus est numerus
jorvik

Post by jorvik »

If he is lying, then by all means take the oscar away from him......and if possible.........persue him through the legal system, let him be sued for defammation of character, or libel. I have said before that we should have reliable sources to judge from.....if somebody is muddying the waters then by all means go for them. I like to believe that I will seek the truth, however it is presented, and even if I find some of the things go against my beliefs then I will still go for the truth........I hope that others who hold viewpoints that are diametrically opposed to my own will addear to the same levels of honesty.
there are still lots of issues to be addressed here.........in the UK we don't have schoolkids running amok with automatic weapons.....they may do it with knives :cry: .........and then again, the punishment should fit the crime, an eye for an eye........a life for a life
IJ

Post by IJ »

Gosh, those damned liberals are so thick. Ultra liberalism is mental illness.

Actually, I agree. Ultra anything is a form of mental illness. Try to convince someone from the fanatic left, right, or up or down for that matter with any facts and see how far it gets you. This is demonstrated over and over again with nutjobs of all flavors.

But those damned liberals might just be the WORST.
--Ian
Panther

Post by Panther »

IJ wrote:Gosh, those damned liberals are so thick. Ultra liberalism is mental illness.

Actually, I agree. Ultra anything is a form of mental illness. Try to convince someone from the fanatic left, right, or up or down for that matter with any facts and see how far it gets you. This is demonstrated over and over again with nutjobs of all flavors.
Good point!
But those damned liberals might just be the WORST.
It's good to see you've finally come to your senses! :lol: <- smiley captioned for the humor impaired.
Don Rearic

Post by Don Rearic »

Of course people on the "other side of the isle" can be just as cracked as liberals! Anyone that thinks, for example, that The Drug War is "winnable" without instituting a Police State (Even in the former Soviet Union, as Draconian as it was, they had it...) is either a nutjob or totally out of touch with reality, let alone they have not learned the lessons Prohibition taught us.

But most of them are not mentally ill, they know it won't work, they might be powermad control freaks - might be ill that way, but they know it won't work. Or...what? Are they stupid?

Self-defense was banned in Great Britain under authoritarian conservative rule. The people that did that were just as insane or stinking drunk with power, etc.
Kevin Mackie

Post by Kevin Mackie »

Time to put the waders back on??

http://www.drudgereport.com/mdisney.htm
The director claims he will document on film how the "senior Bush kept his ties with the bin Laden family up until two months after Sept. 11."
Is this after he "documents" that the moon is made of green cheese?
Where does this guy get off with all this fabrication?
Don Rearic

Post by Don Rearic »

Let's assume that it is TRUE for a moment, shall we?

Let's assume that The Bush Family had some connection to the bin Laden Family.

WELL...drumroll, does this or should it come as any surprise at all?

The bin Laden Family are wealthy Saudis who have disowned their Son, as per my understanding of the situation. Yet another piece of hypocrisy from the lunatic left. I thought "guilt by association" was wrong?

SO...if your Brother is a felon are you to be looked upon as being evil, etc., and not to be associated with for the sins of your Brother, assuming that you have done nothing wrong?

My my...

This Moore person is just a raving a-hole making money hand over fist, something else he claims to not like about America but it did not stop him from bitching when he was in London a few months back and did not get paid what HE thought HE was worth.

What a choad.
Gene DeMambro

Post by Gene DeMambro »

Preface: I have no opinion of Michael Moore's Oscar. I don't care.

But the "Academy" (TM) is a private group and can give whatever awards it wants to whomever it wants. The public have nothing to do with it. Zip. But, feel free to log onto that site and do what you will.

Personally, I'm more bull about a convicted rapist winning...

Gene
Don Rearic

Post by Don Rearic »

Gene,

You're splendid! You are absolutely correct that they are a private org and they can basically do what they want and violate their own rules, etc.

No one is talking about a Court issue, however, it's just an org that is basically hypocritical and people are angry about the lies and hypocrisy, that's all. No one wants to sue them for giving Moore the award. Some want it revoked. Weeeeeeeeeeeeellll...I don't much really care about that, I think it actually let's us know just how crappy and transparent these TV/Movie blowholes are...
Andrew Evans

Post by Andrew Evans »

I have heard about Michael Moore's insidious speech but I have yet to see the movie as it never hit my local movie theatre. I'll reserve my judgment until then. Where can I find a copy of it?

I saw his movie "The Big One" and thought it was very hilarious. I loved it when he got into the face of Nike's CEO about not having products made in the U.S.A. Moore even promised the Nike CEO that the people of his hometown of Flint, Michigan would be more than happy to work for Nike.

As an aside, aren't a lot of guns made in the America? Thus providing lots of jobs for Americans. Hmm...

Respectfully,
Andrew Evans
Hokkien Martial Arts
www.TopekaKarate.com
Andrew Evans

Okay I finally watched it

Post by Andrew Evans »

This movie will give you food for thought. Even before watching it, I knew Michael Moore is a hardcore lefty. But what impressed me is that he really didn't preach. He keeps asking what is wrong with this country and why are we so violent. Surprisingly, he doesn't give any kneejerk reactions. . Yes, he display facts in a certain light but how can you argue them. There's something wrong when a first-grader kills a classmate and we have more gun-related than other countries. WHY? Moore attempts to answer this question with many obvious answers but still leaves you thinking.

By the way, Moore is a lifetime NRA member and has won shooting awards as a child. I challenge folks to set your politics aside and spend a couple of hours watching this film.
Andrew Evans
Hokkien Martial Arts
www.TopekaKarate.com
Panther

Re: Okay I finally watched it

Post by Panther »

Andrew Evans wrote:By the way, Moore is a lifetime NRA member and has won shooting awards as a child. I challenge folks to set your politics aside and spend a couple of hours watching this film.
Not exactly...

Anyone who wishes to spend the money for a lifetime membership can become a lifetime member of the NRA... Moore's "lifetime membership" to the NRA is recent. Recent enough that it looks very much as if it was purchased only for the reason of being able to allow Moore to make the claim of membership. There is no documentation that he ever was an avid shooter and especially no viable documentation that he ever won any awards in the sport. This claim is just more of Moore's fabrications and lies.
Andrew Evans wrote:This movie will give you food for thought. Even before watching it, I knew Michael Moore is a hardcore lefty. But what impressed me is that he really didn't preach. He keeps asking what is wrong with this country and why are we so violent. Surprisingly, he doesn't give any kneejerk reactions. .
I saw this piece of garbage and came away with an entirely different feeling...
Yes, he display facts in a certain light but how can you argue them.
Bzzzzzzzzzzt Try again... He didn't "display facts in a certain light", read the links from earlier in this thread and pay closer attention to the movie, Moore completely, knowingly and maliciously distorted the facts, gave documented false information and claimed they were "facts" and unfairly & maliciously edited situations and speeches to make them say what he wanted them to say, not what they actually said. He also provably distorted the timeline.
There's something wrong when a first-grader kills a classmate and we have more gun-related than other countries. WHY? Moore attempts to answer this question with many obvious answers but still leaves you thinking.
If you think that is all there is to the story, those incidents, or the situation, you are misinformed or mistaken.
==================================
My God-given Rights are NOT "void where prohibited by law!"
Andrew Evans

Post by Andrew Evans »

Okay Panther, you’re right about Moore’s lifetime membership, see http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/bowlingf ... orenra.htm

I did see some of the links above but it’s been awhile and http://www.revoketheoscar.com is currently filled with the Wesley Clark/ Moore connection. Please feel free to provide direct links and I will look them up. I appreciate your help.

I know the movie was from a certain perspective. Maybe it's not for wingnuts from the right or left. I personally believe the truth has to be somewhere in the middle and as a gun owner and a martial artist, I am always willing to challenge my beliefs. This movie did that.

I also read books by NRA executive vice-president Wayne LaPierre as well as Jack Anderson's "Armed and Dangerous: Inside the NRA." I admire anybody who studies both sides of serious issues. In a way, we are doing that now.

You said, “If you think that is all there is to the story, those incidents, or the situation, you are misinformed or mistaken.” I suppose one can claim this is part of a leftist plot to take our guns but I disagree. Moore discusses hunting and how folks in Michigan and Canada love to hunt. (If Moore really wants to take away my guns, I will personally pay for his airline ticket to come out here.)

Yes, Moore does talk about fear and how the fear is being used to cover-up corporate crimes. I don’t know about you but I hate criminal activity whether it’s done while wearing a ski mask or a tie.

He STRETCHES his discussion of fear to into foreign policy and tries to make everything seem connected. He also stoops so low as to throw in the race card but the point that I focus on is how we fear too much. And that, my friend is what interests me as a martial artist...
Andrew Evans
Hokkien Martial Arts
www.TopekaKarate.com

Return to “Realist Training”