IRA pledges a farewell to arms

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
Andrew Evans

IRA pledges a farewell to arms

Post by Andrew Evans »

"Thursday the Irish Republican Army, after decades of terror, announced it would permanently abandon military operations."

See http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0729/p01s04-woeu.html

As someone with ancestors from both Northern and Southern Ireland, I welcome this headline! However, I am also saddened by the terrible events that it took to bring about this peace.
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

I've been keeping an eye on this. It ain't over 'till it's over. The peace timetable is a bit behind.

But surely Ireland has been prospering economically as it embraces its love of education and is allowed to turn that into achievement. And being afforded freedom and self determination never hurt.

There's too much gained now to look back. When you consider there has been a net influx of people to the country these days, that suggests the times truly have changed.

Furthermore, one of their partners in crime - Lybia - has worked things out with the UK and the US.

One day at a time... One business deal at a time... One educated child finding economic opportunity at a time...

- Bill
eastcoast_bsc

Post by eastcoast_bsc »

Now the ball is in the court of the Protestants, Ian Paisley and his followers need to respond in the positive. The IRA ( Jerry Adams) are not stupid. They knew that Armed struggle was getting a bad name. People have no stomach for Terrorism, in this day and age. I am glad the IRA made the move, But I support the rights of the Catholic nationalist to live in peace and live free of the predjudice and discrimination that has existed .
Gene DeMambro

Post by Gene DeMambro »

It would be interesting to see what happens next Marching season....

Gene

Return to “Realist Training”