"Are Men Necessary?"

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

This line really captures Dowd's stupidity.
Her tome is based on anecdotal experience and cites a couple of studies that arrived at the revelation that men prefer subservient, less-intelligent women as romantic partners.
Given that this statement accurately reflects her point of view, it shows a complete lack of understanding of the yin/yang nature of the universe.

Sociobiologists have written extensively on the subject. However I believe Billy Crystal captured the concept best.
Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.
- Bill
MikeK

Post by MikeK »

Without men there would be no Hooters and all those gals would be unemployed not to mention the workers who make those t-shirts and little orange shorts. So men are good for the working woman. :wink:
I was dreaming of the past...
-Metablade-

Post by -Metablade- »

Bill Glasheen wrote:This line really captures Dowd's stupidity.
Stupid like a "Fox."
You are right as usual.

$$Cha-Ching!$$

On the Militant Lesbian issue:
I once had a friend who's wife was attending a "Women's Studies" class at the local University. This woman was well liked by many, and she was a gentle, kind, open-minded and intelligent. To my horror, (And my friend's as well) I witnessed the 6 month transformation of this person who embodied all of the excellent qualities of the fairer sex into a the most man loathing, combat boot wearing, buzz cropped hair wearing, tank-top-suspender-and-OD green-garbed, armpit fuzz toting, violent, militant fem-nazi I had ever seen. It was as if she were a member of the skinheads or some other extreme hate group, such was her transformation. And I wish I could say that her situation was unique.

It was painful to watch, and needless to say, my friend's marriage ended in divorce, and not of his accord either.
The reasons of separation she cited to the Divorce court were: "Her decision to cease being a tool and baby factory in the male entrenched slave complex." (Or something like that, she sort of launched into a public tirade so I hear.
Now, this was not like my friend at all, (Else I'd not have been his friend) He was hardly a supporter of anything that could be deemed as chauvinistic, and in fact quite the opposite, yet suddenly, by the mere fact that he owned a penis, he was "The sum-total of all that was not right with the universe." I, being his friend and also involved in this "Historic Conspiracy" to dominate the Female of the species simply by my also similarly endowed status, and thusly was equal in blame in her eyes.
As were ALL unfortunate vaginaless brutes.

She also literally believed that all men should be destroyed, else wise used as slave labor, and as well that all procreation should be conducted via sperm banks, and saving that, there should be massive amounts of resources placed in research for male-less procreation techniques. I kid you not. This woman, who obviously went to the extreme and had perhaps as well her own deep-seeded issues prior to attending the class, had become super-militant. One only needed to look at this particular Women's studies class to see perhaps why; The material was all about Men in the negative, Men as enslavers of womankind, Men as animals, Men being inferior to Women, blah, blah, blah..Now, again, this case is extreme, and should not reflect classes that teach Woman's studies in general, but this leads me to a point in which it seems "fashionable" recently to bash men in such fashion. And to make matters worse, for the most part, it is being deemed as "Ok" to do so.

One such example of this sort of discrimination is this:
The Woman's Fitness club Curves.
I've ranted on this before, so I'll spare you.

More info here:
http://www.legis.state.wi.us/assembly/a ... 30-03b.htm

Lastly,
I want to say that I believe in equality for everyone, Women and Men. I'd take umbrage to these types of issues regardless of who or what sex they were initiated by.
And contrary to authors like Dowd, I think I can honestly say that most Men feel the same way.

Oh, and that, were that I had been born female, I honestly believe that I'd be Lesbian as well.
:lol:
There's a bit of Metablade in all of us.
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

I was trying to find a picture of Maureen Dowd on the Internet. But nothing could quite capture the phlegmatic personality, and that grating nasal voice. And besides, showing what is wrong with her via a picture just feeds into her propaganda. Truth be told, it's the woman under her skin who is so unattractive. It's no mystery to me why she has faced a lifetime of rejection.

That being said, just looky what I DID find online... ;) As my wife often says, "Consider the source."

- Bill

Last edited by Bill Glasheen on Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cxt

Post by cxt »

Metablade

Folks that jacked up will often find a way to identify with others equally jacked up.

That of course does not excuse their behavior---just explains why almost every kook with a cause can find folks that support them.

(Shudder)

The article you linked was a good if kinda scary read.

As far as I am concerned discrimnation is everyones problem.

And as such its important to stamp it out in whatever its found--even when that does not "jive" with our preconceived notions.

As the article you linked points out.
Akil Todd Harvey

Post by Akil Todd Harvey »

She also literally believed that all men should be destroyed, else wise used as slave labor, and as well that all procreation should be conducted via sperm banks, and saving that, there should be massive amounts of resources placed in research for male-less procreation techniques. I kid you not. This woman, who obviously went to the extreme and had perhaps as well her own deep-seeded issues prior to attending the class, had become super-militant. One only needed to look at this particular Women's studies class to see perhaps why; The material was all about Men in the negative, Men as enslavers of womankind, Men as animals, Men being inferior to Women, blah, blah, blah..Now, again, this case is extreme, and should not reflect classes that teach Woman's studies in general, but this leads me to a point in which it seems "fashionable" recently to bash men in such fashion. And to make matters worse, for the most part, it is being deemed as "Ok" to do so.
And I am not supposed to be concerned why?

I was raised in a lesbian women's history household where you could do no right............and it bothers me, this crap..........

I dont blame all women and I dont blame all lesbians, but let me tell ya, I have little patience for all the blame game crap at this point.....

We're all part of the problem and we're all part of the solution.......now, do we want problems or do we want solutions?????!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!
Seek knowledge from cradle to grave
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Some guys want something much simpler... :wink:

Mars and Venus, folks. Get over it. Vive la difference! 8)

- Bill
-Metablade-

Post by -Metablade- »

I wonder: What sound does the human vocal chords make when "?????!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!" is placed at the end of an exclamation?

Indeed "Vive la difference." is what we really need.

You can look forward to learning the secret of relationship once you have reached a sufficient age....*sometimes..

But if I gave you the answer, at this point it would be akin to a scene from the Al Brooks Movie: "Defending your life"

Al Brooks: "Where are you going?"
Rip Torn: "You..wouldn't understand."
Al Brooks: "Oh! I get it! us "Little brains" lack the intelligence to comprehend you mighty BIG brains, right? Well! Just TRY ME!
Rip Torn: You really wouldn't understand.."
Al Brooks: Just try me!
Rip Torn: "Alright, I'm off to prevent the rings of fortoran from riding on the rainbow wind..."
Al Brooks: "I don't understand....."

A very wise man once said:
"It is easier to grasp the wind, than for a man to grasp a woman's mind."

.....and then he was smacked upside the head with a rolling pin as his wife overheard him. :lol: :lol:
There's a bit of Metablade in all of us.
Panther

WARNING

Post by Panther »

You guys better watch out with these types of posts, lest you become targets of revenge for some not-so-well-adjusted femi-nazi who has enough of a devious mind to go after you.

Then you'd have to gather mounds of evidence for the attacks against you and take your valuable time with the authorities, who will dutifully place all that evidence in a file to help prosecute the poor down-trodden female.

If you're lucky, it won't be too bad and you can simply move on without pressing charges... for the time-being... and hope that it never comes to that.

Regardless, it would be a hassle.

Soooooo... be careful raising the ire of the type of person you complain about! :wink:
IJ

Post by IJ »

There sure are crazy people out there. All kinds. Power struggles make people on both sides nuts... the fringes anyway. What happened when blacks wanted equal footing with whites in the american south (and north)? Some from both sides became really, really divorced from reality. Then there are gay bashers and their mirrors from Act Up. And feminazis and their mirrors as well.

What bothers me more than the loonies are the people who can't make their agenda sound normal. ATH has got a few examples of these and their effects on gender relations... and its a much bigger story than the nutjob anecdotes, if less interesting.
--Ian
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Panther

We neeeever have any of those sorts on these pages. :roll:

I have a rule of thumb about playing the card game of hearts. When it comes to the card-trading round, I like keeping the queen of spades in my hand. If I'm going to be shafted by her, I want it happening with full knowledge of where she came from and how she got there. At least I feel like I'm in a position of control, which is better than the alternative.

Works well in life as well...

Methinks the queen is mellow these days. ;)

- Bill

Return to “Realist Training”