Hate to sound like a broken record......

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
AAAhmed46

Hate to sound like a broken record......

Post by AAAhmed46 »

-Metablade-

Post by -Metablade- »

My favorite part was:

"But he insisted that the weekend's violence did not signal a deeper problem within Australian society.

"I do not accept that there is underlying racism in this country," he said. "

Yeah..
Just like there's no underlying racism in America too.
:roll:

I honestly wish that were true.
Things like this continue to erode my faith in people as a whole.

..'Think I'll move up into the Himalayas.....
There's a bit of Metablade in all of us.
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

Well to be fair to the aussies,

it touched off when a lebanese gang beat a white life saver on a beach to death.

Then it is a THEORY that some white suprmeists started instant phone messaging other people in the area and purposely touched off a riot, causing the aussies to beat up anyone eastern looking.

Then the lebanese got pissed off and then made thier own gangs up and retailated.

An eye for an eye will make the world blind.
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

To close to home

Is scary stuff , the footage was ugly .

I`m not surprised at Howards reaction , Aussie politicians are very hard nosed , especially when it comes to race issues .

I hope things get sorted fast .

some of the random knifings etc though can only fuel the situation .

Lebanese gangs have been a problem for a long time in Sydney , had a friend living there who had some run ins .

But the mob mentality is disturbing .
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

On martial arts planet, i found out some interesting facts and some more news on the dishonesty of the news it self.

-Originally, the ''mob'' was gathered to protest gangs, not islam, not arabs or immigration, gangs.
-There were a FEW neo-nazis yelling out garbage, and it was THEM who pissed off the lebanese guys, who took to thier irrational heads that this whole mob was gathered for anti-arab means.

Then one thing led to another.

EDIT: Another thing i would like to account: My cousin lives in australia, where the riots occured. He tells me that the lebanese gangs terrorize the populace. Lots of sick ##### happens.
I can understand why things boiled over like this. Very understandable reaction.
That said, most of the lebs attacked were innocent. And many of whites attacked were innocent.

Im just sick of the mob mentality.
-Metablade-

Post by -Metablade- »

This is a rather good essay on the question of the human nature and violence:

http://www.nicomachus.net/weblog/archives/000016.html
-Metablade-

Post by -Metablade- »

AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/ ... 64334.html

And this. But the other article has a better message.
-Metablade-

Post by -Metablade- »

Forgive me if I am wrong, but it sounds as if you possibly might be rationalizing the actions of the recent violence.
Am I incorrect?

I am not an Aussie, nor do I claim to know the ethnic politics and problems of the country, however in my own personal view, I feel that actions such as what were and are being shown should not be condoned, accepted nor tolerated in any way in a modern, civilized society.
Taking the law into one's own hands or mob style vigilantism are in themselves actions of criminal behavior on par with anything a purported group would commit.

Again, I don't live there, so anything I say on the subject is of course, purely anecdotal.
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

Im not saying anyone should take the law into thier own hands, im saying that if the gangs commit a crime, they should be treated the same as a white guy. They get away with too much.

If you read that article, a gang almost overtook a police station, and the police could not do anything because of red tape.

If that were new-york, im sure these guys would have gotten shot in the knee caps or something.

Return to “Realist Training”