One big clusterpoop

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
-Metablade-

Post by -Metablade- »

cxt wrote:
This guy CURRENTLY wishs to be the behavior and thought police for everyone else--and he tried to use the courts to do it.

And that's wrong.
Meta: This is a thought which you keep repeating over and over again in this thread, and I, for the life of me, could not see why, other than to think you a secret die hard Christian, but it prompted me to again examine the article more closely , and much to my embarrassment, I seem to have completely misconstrued the crux of it.
I initially thought that his argument was to use the courts to acknowledge that Jebus did not exist, which would therefore bolster a position of non interference by the Church into Civil issues.
However, after another look, It is apparent to me that this is perhaps only his secondary focus, with the primary one (as the article is written, to have the courts enforce a law effectively barring the Church from teaching that Jebus existed.
You are right! This IS wrong!

While I am always appalled at the inane-ness of most religious teachings, they DO have the right to teach whatever they wish provided they keep out of civil business when it comes to dogma.

Indeed! The guy IS a yahoo!
Let's hope that reasonable heads prevail on this one, and I apologize for wasting everyone's time in arguing a point which I should have read more thoroughly from at first.

:oops: :oops:
There's a bit of Metablade in all of us.
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Meta wrote:
I apologize for wasting everyone's time in arguing a point which I should have read more thoroughly from at first.

Never apoligize for that, Meta. The discussion brought a lot of interesting stuff up. And that's what this "cluster****" of inane activity does when you examine it more closely.

* We have the church(es) and teachings.

* We have science.

* We have properly recorded history, or lack thereof.

* We have the freedom to worship - or not.

* We have the desire to be left alone.

* We have the laws and the courts.

* We have assinine legal activity.

* We have humans with their "issues."

Mix it all together, bake in the oven for half an hour, and what do you have?

:shocked!:

It's a-liiive!!!

As someone once said on these forums, it makes for great entertainment. 8)

- Bill
-Metablade-

Post by -Metablade- »

Bill Glasheen wrote:
* We have humans with their "issues."

- Bill
:lol:

I imagine Chris Farley saying:

"We have "humans"..with their ..."issues."

....while doing air quotes.

..If anyone remembers that bit.
:lol: :lol:
There's a bit of Metablade in all of us.

Return to “Realist Training”