gay

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
AAAhmed46

gay

Post by AAAhmed46 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/5044428.stm

why cant people just leave them alone?
IJ

Post by IJ »

Says right in the article:

They're stirring up votes so they don't lose in the upcoming elections. that's why the FMA is timed carefully to compensate for the biggest popularity drop for a president aside from Nixon immediately before impeachment.

Even for those who don't want the amendment to pass, they're appearing as the party of values. Having some fixed and inflexible rules can be appealing in tumultuous times. They come off looking as principled when the Democrats look scattered.

And its always easier to attack another group of Americans than take on the big issues.

Here's the amazing thing:

"Ages of experience have taught us that the commitment of a husband and a wife to love and to serve one another promotes the welfare of children and the stability of society." --GB

So? I totally agree but this has nothing to do with the FMA. This phrase is a justification to strengthen marriage in other ways, discouraging hasty marriages, discouraging unmarried childrearing, discouraging divorce where possible. The FMA doesn't promote heterosexual marriage in the slightest. And if John and Susie lose interest in being married just because they failed to prevent their neighbors from doing the same--well, they obviously never cared much about it in the first place.

It's just an exclusive club that nervous members want to keep private. I'd have more sympathy if they actually had to hang out with gay people on their private golfcourse, but they don't.

My solution remains: Get the government out of marriage by letting churches marry whichever consenting adults they want. And refuse those who they don't want to marry. And keep religion out of unions by recognizing partnerships separately, allowing people to form their households and partners without regard to race, sex, age, wealth, religion, and so on.
--Ian
Panther

Post by Panther »

Government does not belong in the "marriage" business...

If you want to "marry" your pet cat, I don't really give a rat's @$$... Doesn't
do it for me, but if it floats your boat and doesn't hurt anyone else...

In fact... there are a LOT of things that Government should get out of the business of doing or being involved in!
f.Channell

Post by f.Channell »

Marriage to me is a religious service and with the separation of church and state should not be a government concern.

However the government has been keeping marriage records for over a 100+ years that I know so I guess it's too late in some ways to unravel.

I too agree they should be left alone, and allowed to suffer as much as straight married men. :(

F.
Sans Peur Ne Obliviscaris
www.hinghamkarate.com
benzocaine

Post by benzocaine »

I too agree they should be left alone, and allowed to suffer as much as straight married men. Sad
Amen Brother!

D I V O R C E

Of course for many this issue of children won't be involved, but then there is the issue of who gets the house.. the dog.. the circle of friends :( legal expences.

Have at it folk!

On another note it's really sad that the only thing the Republican party can do right now to rally there troops involves prejudice and discrimination. <shame on them>
f.Channell

Post by f.Channell »

I truly can't see the point of getting married for other than having children.

Getting divorced should be like splitting a six pack of beer in half. Any more than that is too complicated.

F.
Sans Peur Ne Obliviscaris
www.hinghamkarate.com

Return to “Realist Training”