"Real" Training articles by Dave

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
gmattson
Site Admin

"Real" Training articles by Dave

Post by gmattson »

Dave is probably the busiest person I know. We talk for hours via his cell phone while he drives from one training program to the next, discussing next year's SummerFest, new martial art related programs he has written and the best way to motivate the Traditional Martial Artist (TMA) to swallow their pride, get out of the dojo and take advantage of one or more "Realist" programs.

He is busy 40+ weeks a year, yet he still gets excited about getting involved in new projects.

Besides jumping on-line every chance he gets, Dave wanted to post some of the articles he has written and asked if he could host a "feature" on our main site.

One of the reasons I changed the format from one in which I had to do all the editing, to one that is much more "interactive", was for just this kind of input. Dave now has his "Real" Training web feature listed in the left frame of our home page. Click on it and read the various articles on different subjects, all authored or edited by Dave. To check out the first one, that might undergo a few editing changes in the next couple days, can be found http://uechi-ryu.com/m/index.php?option ... Itemid=191
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"

Return to “Realist Training”