It's only a matter of time...

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
-Metablade-

It's only a matter of time...

Post by -Metablade- »

..Before everything you have enter placed on the net come back to haunt you.
(It's old news, I know, but poignant)

http://tinyurl.com/ejppa
There's a bit of Metablade in all of us.
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

Yeah but if somone said something ten years years ago when they were ten years old that was stupid and get in heat for it so many years later, would that be looked at? Can age be tracked?
-Metablade-

Post by -Metablade- »

Let's put it this way:
Do you think employers do an internet search before they hire you? More and more so.
I personally google (and other things) the names of people I am looking to hire. If I see he/she's been fooling around on certain sites, and posting things like hate, criminal behavior, assorted dumb sh**t, or other trolling activity, I pass them up.
~and they'll never know why they didn't get the job.
It's truly amazing what's available on the net these days.
The internet is simply at that point now.

All the more reason to post things you can be proud of, (and not regret later from whim....)
Prime example: Most of the inane ramblings I post!
:lol: :lol:
There's a bit of Metablade in all of us.
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

Yeah but how do you know they dude you are about to hire, who rambled some stupid ##### wasn't some stupid 13 year old at the time, sometimes its hard to take note of the date.

That said, looks like an impressive way to do a 'background' check!

So what do you do, do you google the guys name or something?
Norm Abrahamson

Post by Norm Abrahamson »

One of the reasons I sign my name to posts rather than use a nom de web, is that I will be less likely to post something I wouldn't want associated with my name. I too have heard about employees being fired from jobs due to web postings. In some instances they have posted complaints about bosses, but in other instances, the posts have been entirely unrelated to the job. However, if I was a high school principal, I wouldn't be happy to find out a teacher was posting to a blog about the thrill of getting high. Assume everything you write will be seen by your family, friends, employers and prospective employers.

Sincerely,

Norm Abrahamson
Valkenar

Post by Valkenar »

I think eventually this kind of thing will be taken less seriously. A lot of what gets posted on the web isn't very serious, it's almost like an internal monologue. Once the internet has been around for a generation or two people may come to realize that.

Return to “Realist Training”