Massachusetts Locks for Love Stylist suggestions

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
Panther

Massachusetts Locks for Love Stylist suggestions

Post by Panther »

Hi everyone... This really isn't a tough issue at all.

I hve searched around unsuccessfully online, so I thought I'd ask the folks here.

Does anyone know of stylists in Massachusetts (I'm in North Central MA) who cut hair and take it for donation to Locks of Love? My hair (just shy of 10 years uncut) has served it's purpose in making the point that I was making to my Mom. Here's the basic story...

My Dad passed away 10 years ago this coming January. When I traveled back home for the funeral, my hair was just needing to be cut again. My Mom suggested a number of times that I go get it cut. I know it was just something to focus on for her, but I also told her that it was a completely unimportant detail at the time. We talked about it and I told her to show her how unimportant it was that I wasn't going to get it cut at all. Over the next few years, she decided more and more that she liked my long hair. I decided a few years ago that on the 10th anniversary of my Dad's passing that I was going to cut my hair for my Mom and donate it to Locks of Love. Unfortunately, my Mom passed away in October of last year. Her birthday (just a few days from her date of passing) is coming up in about a week and I've decided that it's time to cut off this hair (the longest part reaches my belt, but it is mainly about 3/4 down my back).

Soooo... anyone that can direct me to a stylist that cuts hair for the Locks of Love program, I'd REALLY appreciate it!

Thanks...

Take care and be good to each other...
Tao_in_the_Mountians

Post by Tao_in_the_Mountians »

You don't need to donate through our stylist. Here is the info you need.

http://www.locksoflove.org/donate_hair.php
Panther

Post by Panther »

Thank you for the info...

I also got an email from someone directing me to "Beautiful Lengths" for Women who have lost their hair because of cancer treatments. I might go that way since my Momma passed away from cancer...

Thanks for all the help.

Return to “Realist Training”