Concealed weapons

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
MikeK

Concealed weapons

Post by MikeK »

I was dreaming of the past...
tigereye

Re: Concealed weapons

Post by tigereye »

It's an impressive collection,Mikek. Have you visited the Creative Division? :)

Here bellow the link will guide you to a clip of a creative martial artist who could possible handle all those weapons from your collection.
He execute extreme gymnastic-type movements but still fascinating. 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE0HwRORXiE
Eva
gmattson
Site Admin

Mike and Eva...

Post by gmattson »

Mike: What an impressive document of hidden weapons. Thanks for the link.

Eva: Very impressive display of daring and skill. Bet he cut himself a few times while perfecting that set! :)
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
MikeK

Post by MikeK »

I was surprised to see the Impact Karambit on the list as well as several micro knives that I sometimes carry so it looks like the Feds are getting smart. I've mostly given up on expensive blades anyway, these days if I'm traveling by air and feel the need for some kind of weapon after landing I'll head for the nearest hardware store or drug store. As long as you can improvise you're good to go. :wink:
gmattson
Site Admin

The Feds

Post by gmattson »

can read the websites and quickly (as we have) learn the very latest gadgets and "trick" weapons designed to fool airport security.

The problem is that anyone can read about these weapons-designed-to-look-like-something-else tools. The bad guys, the good guys and the "Feds"! :)

I just smiled when the karambit poped up on the list.

The Feds are simply doing their job. Just wait until they put out a list of all the GrandMasters who do "no-touch" knockouts!

We don't want them on planes - knocking out pilots through those steel doors! :)
GEM
MikeK

Post by MikeK »

Very true George, and I think it's a dangerous game to try to fool airport security or LEOs with some of these items. Pre-9/11 I would take a pocket folder in my carry on bag, these days I wouldn't even dream of taking anything that could be remotely thought of as a weapon.
gmattson
Site Admin

Agreed...

Post by gmattson »

If someone feels a need for a weapon, drop into any Walmart, Kmart, etc. for your choice of a $10 blade that will do until you take your next trip.
GEM
MikeK

Post by MikeK »

Cheap disposable knives are great but there are also many non-bladed options that are legal and won't have you looking like you're armed at all. One of my favorites are certain kinds of folding cork screws. And they actually work on opening good bottles of wine. :D

Return to “Realist Training”