Kramer!!! What have you done?

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
AAAhmed46

Kramer!!! What have you done?

Post by AAAhmed46 »

http://www.tmz.com/2006/11/20/kramers-r ... t-on-tape/
"Kramer's" Racist Tirade -- Caught on Tape
Posted Nov 20th 2006 8:30AM by TMZ Staff
Filed under: Train Wrecks

WARNING: WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE IS PROFANE AND RACIAL

Michael Richards exploded in anger as he performed at a famous L.A. comedy club last Friday, hurling racial epithets that left the crowd gasping, and TMZ has obtained exclusive video of the ugly incident.

Richards, who played the wacky Cosmo Kramer on the hit TV show "Seinfeld," appeared onstage at the Laugh Factory in West Hollywood. Kyle Doss, an African-American, told TMZ he and some friends were in the cheap seats and he was playfully heckling Richards when suddenly, the comedian lost it.

The camera started rolling just as Richards began his attack, screaming at one of the men, "Fifty years ago we'd have you upside down with a f***ing fork up your ass."

Richards continued, "You can talk, you can talk, you're brave now motherf**ker. Throw his ass out. He's a black! He's a black! He's a black! A black, look, there's a black!"

The crowd is visibly and audibly confused and upset. Richards responds by saying, "They're going to arrest me for calling a black man a black."

One of the men who was the object of Richard's tirade was outraged, shouting back "That's un-f***ing called for, ain't necessary."

After the three-minute tirade, it appears the majority of the audience members got up and left in disgust.

Attempts to reach Richards' reps were unsuccessful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2AVfSBJQHA

You all probably heard what happened.

http://nskb.ytmnd.com/
benzocaine

Post by benzocaine »

Richards made the biggest mistake of his career.

Instead of calling that heckler a N##### he should have just called him something like.... pr!ck or something like that. N##### goes deep into the psyche of American culture and really provokes a lot of feelings.

I won't even write the word.

As for Richards stand up gig, it looks like his career is over... unless he starts working Klan rallies.
mhosea

Post by mhosea »

I've never been a fan, so I didn't even know his real name, but the wikipedia article on him is interesting, including some past in anti-racism and anti-drug work.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Richards

Seems like a respectable guy. Apparently he just became enraged and flipped out. I, for one, am not too interested when racial slurs flow only when people are under stress. I'm concerned when it happens despite not being under stress. It is not rational to expect people to have pure minds. It is rational to expect them to control what they say and do. When they fail to do so in an isolated incident (one that is not a criminal matter), they should be held accountable for that specifically, not be forever pigeonholed as a particular kind of person because of it. My 2 cents.
Mike
benzocaine

Post by benzocaine »

Seems like a respectable guy. Apparently he just became enraged and flipped out. I, for one, am not too interested when racial slurs flow only when people are under stress. I'm concerned when it happens despite not being under stress. It is not rational to expect people to have pure minds. It is rational to expect them to control what they say and do. When they fail to do so in an isolated incident (one that is not a criminal matter), they should be held accountable for that specifically, not be forever pigeonholed as a particular kind of person because of it. My 2 cents.
I agree with you Mike. Unfortunaltely for Richards this will not be forgotton. He is a public figure and every thing he says and does is under scrutiny. It reminds me of the old saying that says " the more you put your self into people's view, the easier it is to take shots at you".
mhosea

Post by mhosea »

Yeah, I think you're right. Stand up and acting probably won't sell. It's a competitive business, and nobody else needs the hassle.

Interesting to learn that the Monk series was conceived with Richards in mind. I've only seen it a few times, but I've always liked watching the guy that took the role, Tony Shalhoub, ever since he was the taxi driver on Wings. But I digress...
Mike
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

http://captainoftheussinevitable.ytmnsf ... 029b19ccdb

People sure are having fun with this.
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

sure got to love that hippity hoppity musak !!!! :roll: :lol: 8)
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

Crazy professor wants to kill all white people.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IN5StQAr7n0

I dont know if this was posted before but what the #####.
IJ

Post by IJ »

I dunno--I think alcohol (thanks Mel) and rage (thanks Kramer) can give us a window into how someone truly thinks and feels. When they're rational and putting on a pleasant face they keep all this stuff to themselves. And whoops at the wrong time it slips out... alcohol and rage can be ideal lubricants. Are we really to believe, for example, that after the concerns about antisemitic themes in the Passion, and his family history (dad with some concerning views about jews) that the sober mel gibson is really telling us how he feels deep down?
--Ian
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

I saw passion.

What the hell was so racist about it?

I mean yeah the jews called for his death.

But it was the Romans who tortured him and did it.

Besides, Jesus was hebrew.
mhosea

Post by mhosea »

I'm not trying to make the case, but the Gibson thing could also have been explained as a pent-up reaction to the vociferous criticism of the film, and possibly to a litany of minor snubs in Hollywood as an unending extension of that criticism.

I didn't see the film, but IIRC neither had some of the more vocal critics, and the descriptions were less than convincing proof of anti-semitism. I think they were more worried that the graphic nature of the film would stoke anti-semitism among Christians. I wish I could say that the fear was entirely unfounded, but strangely enough (to any rational mind), there is a history of some (not few) Christians justifying anti-semitic views by citing the crucifixion of Jesus.
Mike
IJ

Post by IJ »

"What the hell was so racist about it?
I mean yeah the jews called for his death.
But it was the Romans who tortured him and did it.
Besides, Jesus was hebrew."

I didn't see it which is why I referred to concerns about antisemitic themes and overt antisemitism. I for one, don't get any of the nonsense at all. What if it WERE a completely Jewish execution? That doesn't extend guilt to modern Jews at all. Only in the Christian tradition am I aware of any of this inherited guilt complex, dating back to adam and eve, and I don't get it in the slightest. Also, the whole execution of Christ was part of a grand design, the point of which was reconnecting man with God by having him take responsibility for human sin, so 1) if you prevented that from occuring you'd actually have been undermining christianity and don't forget that 2) I'm consistently confused as to how one person can suffer for someone else's misdeeds. And I'm not Jewish, or Christian, I'm agnostic / a secular humanist, and a lot of both traditions makes little sense to me, altho I get along fine with people of all religions. Whatever one's opinion of the orchestration of Jesus's death, the key thing is that some christians do hold this crazy guilt concept over Jewish people for their supposed involvement. There's no rationality to most prejudice.

I do like the theory on being bitter about the critiques, but, how hard can it be to be the creator of one of the most successful film projects in all of history? Man, it must be tough making a gazillion dollars and having a hugely popular film! If I ever make such a successful film and people have issues with it, I think I'll keep it in perspective.
--Ian
Panther

Post by Panther »

IJ wrote:There's no rationality to most prejudice.
That basically says it all...

Next topic...

(BTW, I'm back from business trip to the summertime, but I did actually check in when I got some free time and had internet access... :mrgreen:)
Akil Todd Harvey

Post by Akil Todd Harvey »

We need the pc police to do covert operations regularly to sniff out the closet racists & homophobes (or any other form of hatred that is against a protected group - and forget unprotected groups like white men, we are supposed to hate these people).........

It wont be easy......we will need to get people drunk and then piss them off to get them to spout off any unresolved issues that we can later arrest them for or ruin their career......

hatred is bad and so is perpetrating hate in various forms of violence, but let us not treat these folks like they burned a cross or lynched someone.......
Seek knowledge from cradle to grave
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

From what i know of him, he basically just doesn't take critisism well overall.

Apperently, if a group of blong haird blue eyed germans insulted his comedy, he would probably start calling them Nazi's.

Return to “Realist Training”