Men, Rape and Injustice

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
Akil Todd Harvey

Men, Rape and Injustice

Post by Akil Todd Harvey »

Until Proven Innocent: Political Correctness and the Shameful Injustices of the Duke Lacrosse Rape Case

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/031236 ... 0312369123

The book brings to light the factors that led to three innocent men being railroaded by the criminal justice system and by a society that <b>presumes white men are guilty by virtue of their sex and race.</b> The opening chapters describe the milieu at Duke, including the hardcore partying that was going on by both the men and women on campus. There is mention that the Duke women were as horny as the guys there with more than one sorority on campus hiring male strippers (page 2) but this was never picked up in the media (of course not, <b>male strippers for women are considered empowerment, while for men they're sexist</b>).

Much of the book sets the stage for the context of the Duke case, including the increase of far left academics at Duke, the racial tension between Duke and Durham, the police who built the case without evidence, and the match that caused the case to ignite--prosecutor Michael Nifong. The book is also about heroes and champions of justice: the defense team, the defendants themselves and the bloggers and others who came to their rescue, from both the left, right and center.

My favorite chapter in the book is entitled "Presumed Guilty: Feminist Overkill" as it describes the statistics for false rape allegations. The chapter opens with a look at Catharine MacKinnon's Yale commencement speech in 1990 in order to understand the eagerness of so many journalists and academics to find the Duke lacrosse players guilty. MacKinnon's words that day, capture the radical feminist line clearly that has permeated current PC circles. She stated, "Look to your left, look to your right, look in front of you , and look behind you. Statistics tell us you have just laid eyes on someone guilty of sexual assault." The radical feminist line is that women never lie about rape. But statistics belie this belief.

The book lists these false rape statistics including one from Linda Fairstein, <b>former head of the sex-crimes unit of the Manhattan District Attorney's office who wrote, "There are about 4000 reports of rape each year in Manhattan. Of these, about half simply did not happen"</b> (page 374). I wonder how many more men across the nation are caught up in false claims or mistaken identities because so many are eager to rush to judgment? Rape is a horrible crime but so is convicting an innocent man of a sex crime. The authors of the book state: "Terrible as it is for a victim to see a rapist escape punishment, it is far, far worse for an innocent person to be convicted of a sex crime."

I remember talking to a professor about the Duke case when it first captured the attention of the media, her response? "Those guys are guilty as hell, have you ever seen how some of those athletes and fraternity guys act--partying and making noise? They'll rape anyone." <b>She had no interest in the facts and used as her frame of reference all partying noisy fraternity guys and athletes as if that is how justice should work.</b> "Oh, they are loud and party a lot--<b>guilty just for having fun while male.</b>" I now have the pleasure of buying several copies of this book and dropping one off on her desk next time I see her. Will it bring her around? Not by itself, but it's a start ....

Rememeber guys, misandry ain't that bad until it is <b>you</b> who has been falsely accused of a heinous crime (one so heinous that no proof beyond your mere maleness need be confirmed)........

Remember that innocent until proven guilty stuff, forget that noise, that was patriarchal BS...what we need is some matriarchal vigilantism like they had in Thelma & Louise......
Seek knowledge from cradle to grave
cxt

Post by cxt »

Akil

Yep, double standards abound---both ways.

The "andries" ;) are often extreme postions--and extremists of all stripes should be avoided.
Forget #6, you are now serving nonsense.

HH
Hugh

Post by Hugh »

In Nifong's case, you had an out-of-control prosecutor who so abused his office that he is now subject to criminal proceedings. The problem was that Duke took his word and that of the local black community and rendered a premature judgement. Note that I said "black community" and not "feminist community" and that was intentional. There is no great support for feminism in Durham, NC, while the black community has become very well organized as a political force and Nifong was playing politics with the case. This had a great deal less to do with misandry than with racial politics, IMO.
Trying to Walk in the Light, Hugh
1 John 1:5
IJ

Post by IJ »

Shhhh Hugh! This is about the antimale Holocaust and nothing else ;)
--Ian
Akil Todd Harvey

It is interesting on several notes.......double standards abound and in the liberal arts tradition, we only teach about the double binds that society puts women in (we actively ignore and downplay any double binds society puts men in) since we have been convinced by those who seek "equality" that women's plight is the only one we have to worry about (the worrying we have to do about men, we are taught, is the worrying that they might do real bad things as evidenced by the fact that mostly men are in prison even though we pretend we seek "equality", we would not want as many women in jail as we have men in jail and we certainly dont want to arrest men in "equal" numbers with women - that is not the kind of equality we seek)

Feminists (I have been taught ad infinitum) have partners in many minority communities (they hide this when inconvenient facts pop up like a near lynching of a few white boys) .....that is not a surprise......that is how they get the demonization of the white male to begin with (Ian will pretend that people like Mike Moore didnt write books like "stupid white men"), they recall most every bad deed white men have ever done and they ignore most every good deed white men have ever done....

1) Nifong will get about a day in jail (maybe less), but as long as he was using blacks people's hatred of white people to ruin the reputation and lives of a few white boys, i guess it shouldnt bother me much (blacks being as hateful as they wanna be shouldn't bother me at all cuz we white devils deserve it and now that i live in the South, I am getting very familiar with black people being as hateful as they wanna be)....

I wonder if durham is as anti-feminism as hugh suggests.......as a comparison.....there is the city i live in.....compared to the people's republics of Cambridge, Santa Monica, & Berkeley, Durham & Tallahassee are pretty conservative (places not too welcoming to feminism).......but comparing the city of tallahassee (and I suspect the same is true with Durham) with its outer environs........Compared to the surrounding areas (where agriculture & swamps rule) Tallahassee is a bastion of liberalism and feminism, but here the liberals and the feminists have to watch their tongues a little bit more than up north and West where they can talk all kinds of trash (here they have to watch their tongues a littlle lest they thoughtlessly insult the wrong person).....

shhh hugh, we're trying to ignore any evidence that might suggest that males have it as bad as females......
IJ

Post by IJ »

Chuckles! Thanks!

ATH, I don't "pretend" things that are patently false. Obviously, MM published a book about stupid white men and that issue is not up for discussion. What might be interesting, however, is if you have an analysis of the book. Personally, I haven't read it, nor am I interested in giving the guy any of my $, but if the contents merit a discussion, you might get into specifics.

As for the rest of your post, its more of the same, isn't it? You argue against a culture of excusing improper prosecution of white men, but there was national outrage against Nifong and he's currently being prosecuted! No one told you to hush up and take it... join the entire rest of the country in being mad. You argue that there is no "equality" until men and women are arrested at the same rate, which makes about as much sense as saying there is no equality until our birth rates match up. The relevant equality would be vigorousness of investigation and prosecution, and you present no data that women get a pass with their crimes.

And you suggest that men have it as bad as women, which is really a substitute for a proper thesis. If you want to argue that point, you should substantiate it. Surely a reputable author has looked into it? Whether true, or not, you continue to hype up a horrid conspiracy against men, and yet, even if men have it as bad, no one (aside from a few fringe feminists no one here has ever supported) is arguing there is a horrid conspiracy against women.

People might HEAR more of what you say if you said more than you shrieked.
--Ian
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

Akil Todd Harvey

As long as you making jokes about men being raped that is okay.....men need to be raped more anyway.......isnt prison the best place to ignore men being raped or is it in the home now, too?

<b>and if anyone were more familiar with the case, you would realize it is bigger than just the prosecutor.......prosecutors have oversight (well, not in this case) that did NOTHING while Nifong broke many of the main rules of prosecuting a crime (crimes are supposed to be proven in courts of law, not in courrts of public opinion) if we bother to follow the constitution of the United States of America. The press also was fomenting a riot, ignoring nifong's and his oversight team's glaring overlooking of any notion of innocent until proven guilty</b>

and how dare anyone suggest that men might actually be mistreated by the criminal justice system......such shreiking should end you up in jail.......

dont worry choir boy, i am not unaware that the matriarchal conspiracy is not happy with me for raising the notion of men's rights either in addition or in contrast to women's rights.......the matriarchy concerns itself with women's rights and only women's rights.....any discussion of men's rights gives the matriarchy reason to insult you, threaten you and shout you down in any manner it likes (while pretending to be open minded and collaborative).......

I would send some of you the copy of that book but i gave it to the news director at my local NPR station .........
Akil Todd Harvey

"Shortly after the alleged March 14 assault, wild stories began to circulate about what had transpired at 610 North Buchanan. Within days Nancy Grace was claiming —<b> falsely</b> – that the players had refused to provide DNA samples...Grace then invited a series of guests who would take orgiastic delight in the demonization of three young lacrosse players...

"Nancy Grace even vilified those who cautioned the rush to judgment might be premature. During one interview, Stephen Miller of the Duke Conservative Union began to worry that 'two innocent people may have possibly …' But Grace quickly cut him off: 'Oh, good lord! … I assume you’ve got a mother. I mean, your first concern is that somebody is falsely accused?'”

Jon Stewart of The Daily Show also skewered Grace over her enthusiastic support of the false accuser, noting that Grace is "the person who had staked the most on this case." On April 11, 2007 North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper announced they were dismissing the charges and said that the accused players "are innocent." The next day Stewart asked <b>"Put through hell for over a year--how will the media show contrition?" </b>He then said <b>"let's see how Nancy Grace handled it" and cut to Grace's April 11 show--and there was a substitute host!</b>

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index ... -rape-case

As for the rest of your post, its more of the same, isn't it? You argue against a culture of excusing improper prosecution of white men, but there was national outrage against Nifong and he's currently being prosecuted!
Yeah, Nifong got the book thrown at him, huh?

And there was national outrage at Nifong (after a year of his grandstanding) and what was his sentence of jail time?!?!?!?!?!?! did he spend more than an hour in jail?!?!?!?!?!?!

http://glennsacks.com/blog/?p=1465

Return to “Realist Training”