Tag! You're IT!

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
Panther

Tag! You're IT!

Post by Panther »

Alan K

Tag! You're IT!

Post by Alan K »

Panther,

We already have implants which can be affixed to dogs and other animals tracked by GPS systems, so why not require humans to be implanted with chips so Big Brother can track us all 24/7?

Even Nazis could not come up with a system like this, and could only require tatoos, arm bands with Star of David, and required papers subject to inspection at all times.
Pure low tech compared to what we have today.

This implanted chip could carry one's life history and the relatives in the old country, and be scanned by anyone with a subscription to the tracking entity.

To this guy I say Seig Heil!

Alan K
LeeDarrow

Tag! You're IT!

Post by LeeDarrow »

Over my dead body! And before it gets there I plan to get in at least a lunch while the other guy is getting a full meal, if you know what I mean!

Prediction - Privacy will become as outmoded as high button greaves (shin armor - plate).

It's already started with all the "security cameras" out there. Every time you walk past an ATM, walk into a convenience store, in the parking lot of your favority grocery chain, in the changing room at Sears - Big Brother is watching. Actually, it is a bunch of Big Brother wannabe's - Little Brothers, maybe? Image And no one complains.

This is just the next logical step. Medical monitoring devices for senior citizens are a fact. Electronic anklets for house arrest felons are a fact. An implanted chip to track a person or at least carry their genetic codes (so the medical insurance companies can discriminate against you further, if for no other reason) is a very short step. And no one complains.

In many areas, it is a felony to wear a mask except at Halloween, so don't try to hide your identity from these high-tech peeping toms! And no one complains.

As Allen Funt used to say - "Smile! You're on Candid Camera!"

Shouldn't we ALL be complaining?!

Only slightly tongue-in-cheek as I value my privacy rather highly,

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Panther:
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/story_16083.asp <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Panther

Tag! You're IT!

Post by Panther »

For those living in Massachusetts... Facial recognition cameras, computers and software are coming to a city near you!

Both MA Federal Senators voted for the appropriations to fund placing cameras in 8-9 major communities in the State as "test sites". Worcester, Springfield, Fitchburg, Fall River (maybe it was New Bedford), Lowell, Brockton, Boston, and a few others... (That's from memory, so some of them might not be correct. Sorry, don't have the article in front of me.) The cameras in Worcester are already going up. They scan every face in the area and compare the faces with a database. (The new software can compare something on the order of tens of thousands of images per second. Each face is given a unique digital code based on 43 major points and only needs 11 point matches to select to do a more detailed comparison!) This was used during last years SuperBowl in Florida. It actually recognized 13 "criminals" within the crowd, but the police quickly learned that such an event was not conducive to nabbing the suspects. (Oops.) Soooo, they took a page out of Great Britain's playbook and have started placing the cameras and systems in public areas.

These types of systems have been in use in the UK for a few years now. They don't bother with so many police patrols now, they just wait for the system to ID a criminal and send out a team to pick her/him up.

Think that's OK, because you aren't a criminal?

Take a peek at my post "We're all criminals" in Jackie's Creative Heart and Soul Forum...

Return to “Realist Training”