Bill Clinton's gift to America

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

Sunday, Oct. 14, 2001 9:09 p.m. EDT
Olson Book's Chilling Warning: Clinton's Terrorist Pardons Sent Signal

In a bone-chilling chapter of her new book "The Final Days," late heroine-author Barbara Olson warned that ex-president Bill Clinton's pardons of terrorists who had repeatedly bombed buildings in New York City "send a signal" that the U.S. isn't serious about fighting terrorism.

In words that now seem like a harbinger of her own Sept. 11 death at the hands of the Middle Eastern terrorists, Olson cited example after example of how U.S. officials strenuously warned Clinton that pardoning FALN Puerto Rican separatists who had waged their own bombing jihad on America posed a threat to national security.

In August 1999 Clinton pardoned 16 FALN terrorists without even being asked, in a move that was widely seen as a cynical ploy to win Hispanic votes for his wife's New York Senate bid.

The group had planned and executed 130 bombing attacks on New York, Chicago and Washington, D.C., from 1974 to 1983. Miraculously, the FALN managed to kill just six Americans. But hundreds more were seriously wounded.

Law enforcement officials were stunned when Clinton decided to pardon the FALN bombers.

"The FBI's assistant director of national security, Neil Gallagher, said that the people turned loose by Clinton 'are criminals, and they are terrorists, and they represent a threat to the United States,'" Olson wrote.

In a subchapter eerily headlined "Pardons for Terrorists Send a Signal," she reported:

"President Clinton had not bothered to consult with relatives of victims of FALN terrorism. In fact, the survivors of those murdered and those whose lives had otherwise been destroyed by the terrorists were not even informed that their attackers were being released."

Olson continued:

"Deputy Attorney General Eric Holder ... conceded that the nation owed much greater consideration to the victims. And Holder's boss, Janet Reno, explicitly acknowledged that groups aligned with the FALN still posed a threat to national security."

In comments turned gut-wrenching in light of last month's attacks, former Justice Department pardon attorney Margaret Love told the late author that Clinton's terrorist pardons should have set off alarm bells.

"We should have seen a big flashing red light because of the FALN cases. ... That was a foreshoadowing of what happened later."

Love was referring to Clinton's January 2001 pardons of drug dealers and international fugitives, not the attacks on the U.S., which no one foresaw. But it's nearly impossible now to read those words as anything but prophecy of the terrorist acts that murdered Olson and nearly 6,000 others last month.

In a moment of now legendary heroism, the late author telephoned her husband, Solicitor General Ted Olson, from American Flight 175 to warn that terrorists had hijacked her plane. Mr. Olson had the terrible task of telling his wife that two planes had slammed into New York's World Trade Center minutes before.

Barbara Olson's phone call was the first warning the government had that Washington, D.C., had come under similar attack.

In comments sure to irk those who argued for eight years that Bill Clinton's private life was nobody else's business, the late author contends that the terrorist pardons were payback for Mrs. Clinton indulging her husband's decades of rampant philandering.

"Hillary had done a lot of heavy lifting for her husband, much of it, such as the various bimbo eruptions, that required her to hold her nose. She had to cover for her husband and lie."

Olson called the FALN pardons Bill Clinton's "first return on her investment."

Though a lively debate has raged ever since Sept. 11 over whether the ex-president did as much as he could to stop Osama bin Laden, the one-time congressional Clinton investigator is the first to raise the FALN pardon question at any length.

Perhaps now Sen. Clinton, who has made herself newly available on the TV talk show circuit since the World Trade Center attacks, will be asked whether she agrees with Olson that her husband's terrorist pardons "sent a signal."

NewsMax.com's bookstore has Barbara Olson's new book "The Final Days" at an unbeatable price. Order your copy now!
Panther

Post by Panther »

Excellent post... Here's one to "think about"...

THINK ABOUT IT!

After the 1993 World Trade Center bombing, which killed six and injured 1,000; President Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 1995 bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed five U.S. military personnel; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 1996 Khobar Towers bombing in Saudi Arabia, which killed 19 and injured 200 U.S. military personnel; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 1998 bombing of U.S. embassies in Africa, which killed 224 and injured 5,000; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

After the 2000 bombing of the USS Cole, which killed 17 and injured 39 U.S. sailors; Clinton promised that those responsible would be hunted down and punished.

Maybe if Clinton had kept his promise, an estimated 7,000 people in New York and Washington, D.C. that are now dead would be alive today.

AN INTERESTING QUESTION:

This question was raised on a Philly radio call-in show. Without casting stones, it is a legitimate question.

There are two men, both extremely wealthy. One develops relatively cheap software and
gives billions of dollars to charity. The other sponsors terrorism. That being the case, why is it that the Clinton Administration spent more money chasing down Bill Gates over his eight years than Osama bin Laden?

THINK ABOUT IT!

It is a strange turn of events. Hillary gets $8 Million for her forthcoming memoir. Bill gets about $12 Million for his memoir yet to be written. This from two people who have spent the past 8 years being unable to recall anything about past events while under oath!

Incredible!

THINK ABOUT IT!
Gene DeMambro

Post by Gene DeMambro »

Funny there's no mention of the Marine barrack's bombing in Beirut, under Pres. Reagan's watch. Or the Discoteque bombing in Germany.

Gene
Allen M.

Post by Allen M. »

Panther, why do people pick on the previous administration? Why are "coverups" concerning the previous administration on everyone's minds?

Warning, the following photo has recently been declassified.

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera
Ted Dinwiddie

Post by Ted Dinwiddie »

I just want to know if our "war on terrorism" will expand to the "right to life" extremists who mail hoax (so far) anthrax to Planned Parenthood offices. Or EarthFirst! wackos who spike trees and such. These people are terrorists, too. What about the IRA? ALOT of U.S. money has been spent there. Have these assets been frozen?

Heck, Jerry Falwell sounded just like bin Laden the day after the Trade Center/Pentagon attacks. Is intolerant religious extremism EVER right?

------------------
ted

"I learn by going where I have to go." - Theodore Roethke
LeeDarrow

Post by LeeDarrow »

Nobody seems to recall the fact that Bush, Sr. DIDN'T FINISH THE JOB he promised to do on Desert Storm! If he had, we might not BE in this situation right now.

Now in the mid-east we've Bin Laden with one Saddam thing after another!

Has it ever occurred to the critics of the past administration that they were hampered by a congress that refused to improve intelligence funding? Or that the head of the Joint Chiefs felt that ELINT was more important than HUMINT? Not to mention that the countries hiding the terrs would NOT allow US law enforcement access?

Keeping a promise is one thing - being kept from keeping that promise by obstructionist powers outside one's control is another matter altogether. Clinton was in the bull's eye from day one from the Republican right. Every time he turned around, someone was on his six gunning for him.

It's hard to do your job when you are continuously have to deal with attacks, both fact-based (no argument there) and unfounded (of which there were quite a few as well.

Respectfully,

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.
Panther

Post by Panther »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Allen M.:

Panther, why do people pick on the previous administration? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because it's so easy to do?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote
Why are "coverups" concerning the previous administration on everyone's minds?
Because they had so many of them?

Gene, one difference might be the fact that during the 80s there was a defense build-up and the attempt to give the military the tools to do the job, but during the 90s there was a distinct defense build-down.

Do I excuse Reagan? No.
Do I excuse Bush? (either one) No.
Do I excuse Clinton? No.
And that goes all the way back to the beginning of this nation. Anytime a President does something, they must be held accountable for their decisions. That almost never happens. I can think of few Presidents who have not been corrupted by the power in some way or another. There are some, but very few. Does that mean I don't respect them? It depends on what they did... or didn't do regarding our freedoms, liberties, rights and responsibilities. Would I be able to do that job without succumbing to the power? Can't say, but I sincerely doubt that I'll ever get the chance to find out one way or the other. Regardless, one of the great things about being a U.S. citizen is the right to "Monday morning quarterback" the decisions of the nation. Lots of people do it and there are many calls to what the play should be... That's OK. Guys and gals, all creeds and colors are uniting as one underneath the red, white and blue because this is America and we know that arguing politics or god or how we're going to do the job is just the American way. Wanna criticize Reagan (or anyone else), be my guest. I may or may not agree... and that's OK too. It is when no one is allowed to disagree that we're in serious trouble. Which brings me to Ted's post...

The time is fast approaching where we will not be allowed to disagree with Big Brother without having our patriotism and loyalty to country not only questioned, but impugned. I've already seen it and believe me, it ain't pretty.

Take care and be good to yourselves...
TSDguy

Post by TSDguy »

"The time is fast approaching where we will not be allowed to disagree with Big Brother without having our patriotism and loyalty to country not only questioned, but impugned. I've already seen it and believe me, it ain't pretty."

I recall (not personally) an incident during WWII where a religious group would not fly the American flag, arguing it was a danger of putting country over God. They were mobbed, beaten, cars trashed... and it's happening again today. Even Leno has stopped making political jokes (i.e. propoganda).
Brat

Post by Brat »

"The time is fast approaching where we will not be allowed to disagree with Big Brother without having our patriotism and loyalty to country not only questioned, but impugned. I've already seen it and believe me, it ain't pretty."

TSDGuy this is just a sad consequence of what happens in ALL cultures during times of crisis. If you look back and see the recorded writings in every instance from the Black Plague to the present, when a nation has been in crisis these behaviors come forth. It is sort of a beotch slap reality check to all of us who think we are so "sophisticated" and that we wouldnt do such things due to our "enlightened" perspectives. Necesity causes the tree hugger to chop down the object of his/her affection when they are in the forest freezing to death, or the vegetarian to go hunting with a blood lust when they are starving. The problem is that the best of times tend to bring out the worst in everyone and we have had our share of light and easy moments in the past several years. Coupled with the fact that during the 90's people picked up numerous causes because it was "fashionable" to do so. They did so out of want of recognition and thus there was no depth or committment. I think that it is interesting to view the average New Yorker in the aftermath of the attacks. For what used to be the liberal bastion of the free world, the population is embracing lots of ideas that are far from the liberal ideal. If some day you are faced with a crisis situation of any proportion you will see how your attitudes change on a dime. All the nickel worries and causes are scrapped for the safety of yourself and your family. And if there is an emminent threat to you and your loved ones and someone has to die you'll elect to make it the opposing force - regardless of whose rights might be infringed upon I gaurantee it.

Return to “Realist Training”