Wish us luck!

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
mikemurphy

Wish us luck!

Post by mikemurphy »

Tomorrow my school's Mock Trial Team embarks on their first trial of the new year. I thought I would mention it here on this forum because it has to deal with a player who was in a school-sponsored athletic event. The case was whether or not the coach was neglagent. Does this sound a little like those of us who own dojo or teach kids a lot? I thought it did. Unfortunately, we teach kids a contact activity. How liable are we willing to become?

mike
Alan K

Wish us luck!

Post by Alan K »

Good luck Mike,

I think that is great and I know your MA ability, but I did not know that you were a school teacher.

Its amazing to see how people and students really apply themselves in an atmosphere demanding full attention and reasoning.

I have been a judge in Moot Court competiton held in the Middlesex Superior Court Building and was delighted with the performance of these law students.

You probably have seen us in these forums kick around the question "What is Reasonable"

Have fun

Alan K
mikemurphy

Wish us luck!

Post by mikemurphy »

Thanks Alan for the best wishes. BTW, we were victorious in our first match of the season!! My kids were awesome.

Next match, Feb. 5 (this will be the tough one).

mike

Return to “Realist Training”