"Harley Pride"

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
GSantaniello

"Harley Pride"

Post by GSantaniello »

Being a motorcycle rider myself, i can appreciatte that most feel some sence of pride in whatever M.C.'s they choose to ride.

People select different models for many reasons. Some style, some price, some power, etc. etc. Although i like the looks of many Bikes on the market, Harley is one that has always been expensive. Therefor the competition has made "many" simular "Cruiser Style" bikes that are much mooe affordable for the average person.

Appreciating the "Pride" in Harley owners, i fail to understand some of the "attitutdes" of many who feel the need to down others who ride different bikes for other reasons.

Although i have considered buying one and will most likely settle for a cruiser that is "Japanese" made, the truth is, Japanese bikes are more affordable and have reputations for dependabilty and little problems.

Yesterday i looked at two absolutely beautiful Harley Davidsons in a showroom that had been done over. I must admit, as ilooked at the price of $35,000.00 on one of them, i almost joked.

The funny part was, as i lefted and looked even closer, they "both" had little puttles of "oil" on the floor that was fresh.

How is it that these people who rebuild them are "unable" to stop that "oil leak" reputation from remaining ?

A late model one i may still consider, however, i fail to see the "pride and attitude" of those who own them.

Like the martial artist who believes "their" system is the only good one out there.

Any Harley owners who have "not" had to put repairs and money into them to keep them up ? Just curious.

Respectfully,

------------------

Gary S.
gmattson
Site Admin

"Harley Pride"

Post by gmattson »

Thats not oil Gary. . . thats blood!

------------------
GEM

Return to “Realist Training”