Assault by the "Foot Man"

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
Alan K

Post by Alan K »

I never take a reported incident of assault lightly, nor do I disrespect the feelings of the victim, or as in this case, the very sick perpertrator, I felt compelled to report this one. No one was physically injured, and since the victim was a female, I was curious to know the reaction of MA's, especially female MA's and how they might or could have done in this case:

WOONSOCKET, R.I. (Court TV) — Raymond Dublin says he was just looking for a licking good time.

Dublin, 34, is in custody after he allegedly approached female shoppers at a local supermarket, got down on his knees and licked their feet. Dublin said his actions were harmless but the women were not amused.

Dublin entered Shaw's Supermarket in Woonsocket on June 6 and began to follow a 32-year-old woman around the aisles, according to police. Every time she stopped, he stopped. When she moved, he moved. Dublin eventually complimented the woman's feet and said her toenail polish was "pretty."

Authorities said Dublin then bent down, grabbed the woman's foot and licked it. The alarmed woman rushed toward the cashier.

Moments later, Dublin allegedly approached another customer. The 32-year-old woman told authorities that Dublin told her she had pretty feet and that he was a "foot man." He then bent down to arrange items on a low shelf. The woman, thinking Dublin a store employee, initially ignored him. But when Dublin placed the side of his face on the woman's foot, she yelped. Her husband chased Dublin out of the store and noted the license plate number on his car as he drove away.

Police tracked the number to Dublin and arrested him on two counts of simple assault. Three other women have since told authorities of similar incidents.

Dublin has pleaded not guilty and has a pretrial hearing scheduled for June 24, according to a Providence County court clerk.

Thanks to:

Court TV's Full Coverage of Trials Nationwide

Alan K
LeeDarrow

Post by LeeDarrow »

Counsellor,

This sounds like a severe paraphilia to me.

A paraphilia, for those not familiar with the term, is a fixation, sexual in nature, usually on something not normally considered sexual in nature, like feet, types of clothing, etc.

A paraphiliac, in advanced cases, needs to have the object of his fixation present and involved in the act of sexual gratification or no such gratification can occur.

In my paraprofessional opinion, this guy needs treatment more than he needs incarceration.

Respectfully,

Lee Darrow, C.Ht.

Return to “Realist Training”