The Big Black Cat's soapbox

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
Panther

Post by Panther »

I wanted to share with the folks on these forums. (Anyone reading or is everyone off to Winterfest? lucky dawgs. Image )

~10 weeks ago I was asked to be a guest on a local (Worcester, MA) Saturday morning talk show. The theme of the show is politics, guns and being safe. (Yeah, like you didn't see that coming. Image ) Anyway, I was asked back the next week... and the next and the next and well... I ended up being like a "co-host". In the past month or so, the calls, letters, FAXes and e-mails about the new tact of the show have been pretty unusual. (In a good way with ~99% of those saying they really like the new guy. Image ) So, I get approached by station management and...

Starting Feb. 3rd, I'll be the host of a brand new show from 8-10 AM on WORC 1310-AM out of Worcester, MA. (I still can't get over the fact that someone is giving me a soapbox when I've spent 21 years trying to stop myself from subjecting my poor wife to my rantings... Image )

It's called "We, the People" and will contain the type of discussions on politics, issues, safety and mindset that you've all grown to know (and, ahem, love) me for. (OK, not all of you... Image )

So, if you're close enough to Worcester, MA that you can pick up the station, tune it, give us a call, and tell us what's on your mind. (I control the phone, nyah, nyah, na-nyah, nyah... Image ) I've been told that it's also streamed over the web, but I don't know how well, or even if it works.
(That'd be worcradio.com)

And don't worry, I'll be sure and tell everyone listening how awful "karahtee" people are. Image
LenTesta

Post by LenTesta »

Edited Print in red

<font color="red">I Dont know what happened to the fist part of this message, I must have forgot to copy the whole thing before I pasted it Image)

Congratulations on your radio show Panther.

Who ever said that you were ranting </font> Image

Kevin!!!

Where have you been good buddy.

We miss you at the BUKA TC Class.

Hope all is well with you.

------------------
Len Testa

[This message has been edited by LenTesta (edited January 19, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by LenTesta (edited January 19, 2001).]
Allen M.

Post by Allen M. »

Pretty easy, Panther.

type in or click here on http://www.worcradio.com

When Raven's URL comes up, click on "Listen Live." You'll be asked for your email address and zip code then you're in.

All you need is a sound card and speakers and you're good as gold, it's that automatic.

I guess they are pretty hot on NASCAR.

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Panther,

Congratulations. The best man for the job.

------------------
Van Canna
Kevin Mackie

Post by Kevin Mackie »

Panther, There are a few left still reading.

Congratulations on the radio show.

From what I've read here, you sound like the guy for the job!

Kevin
Allen M.

Post by Allen M. »

<font color="red">The Raven </font>

<font color="magenta">Baby Watch 2001?</font< <font color="green">How can youse guys compete like that with WAAF ( http://www.waaf.com )? Looks like I'm going to have to send their team (The Hill-Man, Ozone, Rocko, and Birdsey) over there to check up on you seeing they're also in Worchester around the corner, maybe?</font>

We'll be able to watch you too with their studio cams?

I'm going to see if I can get a sound card at work to listen in.

Good luck, and maybe this'll take the pressure off the wifey's ears Image

------------------
Allen Moulton from Uechi-ryu Etcetera

P.S. This forum is not taking either UBB code nor HTML code too kindly...

[This message has been edited by Scott Danziger (edited January 18, 2001).]

Return to “Realist Training”