So you think only the police should have guns?

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
Panther

Post by Panther »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DarkOne:
Maybe this would be a good place to discuss training with firearms, or maybe begin a new thread.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're welcome to start a new thread...

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote
Earlier someone mentioned a Home Invasion Plan, shooting a target without 100% verification OF that target, etc. These are items that involve TRAINING, sometimes of an intensive sort!
I (and others) have posted quite a bit about "home invasion" plans...

I (and other contributors to these forums) have done extensive work in the "home invasion" and "saferoom" areas. Many of us are either instructors and/or graduates of a number of different judicious use of lethal force training programs as well. Shooting without being 10001% certain of who/what your target is violates every legitimate rule for proper firearms handling/procedure in the books.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote
It seems that training is the major focus of what most of the people here are involved in, and training with a firearm would seem to fall into the category of "martial" arts. Maintaining a firearm without the appropriate training would seem to me like learning a kata without EVER practicing an associated bunkai.
While your statements are true, there are some people that chose to practice a Martial Art who, for whatever reason (it's a personal choice), chose not to own or learn about firearms. That is a personal choice that I can't and wouldn't disagree with. Firearms aren't for everyone.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>You end up just dangerous enough to maybe get the WRONG person hurt...

Just a thought<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This can be said about a number of different subjects. It happens to be vilified more when the subject is firearms. This thread was one of the first on this new forum and was started specifically because the attitude of some people is that only LEOs and government officials should have guns. A position which I am 180 degrees in opposition to.
Panther

Post by Panther »

If only the police have guns... then the criminals will just steal them from the police!

In this particular theft, not only were numerous firearms stolen, but they included "flash-bang" grenades and an HK MP5 sub-machinegun! Other reports have said that this is just the latest in a series of such thefts!

------------------------------------------

Missing Guns Linked to Theft of Sheriff's Master Key
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2001/02/15/MNW52530.DTL
Jcseer

Post by Jcseer »

"In my area, a man carrying a sword was recently shot by the police for refusing to put down the sword"

Did he live?

Return to “Realist Training”