War or not to War!

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!

Are the rumors True? Will we be in some kind of war come the new year?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 21, 2002 2:24 pm

Yes
78%
No way
11%
Only if weapons of Mass Destruction are found
No votes
Saddam Hussein will somehow prevent war at the last minute
11%
Saddam will be "removed" in some way, preventing war.
No votes

Total votes: 9

gmattson
Site Admin

War or not to War!

Post by gmattson »

That is the question. All kinds of security issues involved here. People, who have loved ones in the military, tell me how President Bush is waiting until the first of the year before pre-emptively attacking the "evil one".

How do they know this? Or believe they know this? Well, people talk and few can keep secrets. In any event, I've heard this "rumor" enough (knowing how rumors spread) to believe that the whole country is aware of it.

Could be that Bush's people started the rumor, just to find out how the public feels about "pre-emptive" attacks. On the other hand, maybe the "evil one" started it to discredit Bush and to create dissension among Americans.

We've read all the reports and editorials. We know the inspectors aren't going to find any weapons of mass destruction. Will Bush wage war in January?

Don't forget to vote in our Poll!
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
Valkenar

Re: War or not to War!

Post by Valkenar »

gmattson wrote:That is the question. All kinds of security issues involved here. People, who have loved ones in the military, tell me how President Bush is waiting until the first of the year before pre-emptively attacking the "evil one".
Heh, at first Ithought the pole was about whether we should go to war. That'd probably be a hot topic too, but I guess it's not actually the question at hand.

As for whether it'll happen or not, it's hard to say. On the one hand, Bush seems determined to go to war, and he's the guy with the button. On the other hand, there's a lot of international pressue against it. My general impression is that Bush has a pretty thorough disregard for international opinion.

To be honest, I don't think Bush cares whether there's weapons of mass destruction there or not, and it's just to take anger out on someone and to distract us from other issus. Maybe as a popularity gimic.

Therefore, it all depends on whether he thinks he can get away with it internationally, whether he'll become more popular for it, and whether he thinks the american people will get a vicarious thrill out of crushing the Iraqis to a pulp. And I can't possibly guess what his state of mind will be.
CANDANeh

Post by CANDANeh »

I wish no war.
However, the wheels certainly are turning as few will deny. Removing Saddam will only have him replaced by another (and there are worse I am sure)
War will always be with us and if it is an advantage to strike first then it has to be so. The advantage of striking now seems to be ideal as it would not be oppossed by the 'freeworld" due to the expectation that action of some sort needs to be taken. Months from now that mindset may not exist but the threat to "us" will be the same or greater. War will occur, just a matter of when.

Return to “Realist Training”