infighting

"The title is "Explosive Uechi-ryu" and the moderator is Arthur Rabesa. Art will be exploring the power contained in Uechi-ryu that is not appreciated by the average practitioner. Make no mistake - this forum is for the serious martial artist and I wholeheartedly recommend it for anyone who really wants to tap his or her explosive power potential.

Moderator: Available

Art Rabesa

infighting

Post by Art Rabesa »

Usually, when someone finds that they are at the close quarter part of a bad situation, it happens very fast. They allow the situation to get into the grabbing, tugging and pushing part. That is because they have no strike, or strikes, as they are forced inward toward the attacker. OK here it is. Practice getting your hands to your chest in a snap. Almost like you are praying. From there your hands take off as you are forced toward the attack. Attacking the attack. My students get tired of me constantly saying that. If you have to grapple, you have allowed yourself to get into that position. Go to the heavy bag and practice this. Stand back from the bag slightly. Snap your hands to your chest and explode strikes at the bag. Let your self fly at the heavy bag as you are delivering the strikes. Check the striking section of my web site . www.artrabesauechikarate.com Watch the hand position while striking. Remember --------work on hitting going in. It may be over before you actually get in. ---------Happy Trails --------Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Re: infighting

Post by Art Rabesa »

I usually go over all the posts on my forum. I do this because there might be something I'd like to add. For this one, I see a quick little point that will help. To be a good infighter, you have to be able to hit hard from real close. We all know that. Lets highlight the point in the above post. To practice the hard fast strike going in. Many have to set themselves in order to deliver a strong strike. A good foundation is very helpful, but we do not always get the time to get into that proper stance. It is essential ,in most self defense situations, to be able to hit moving forward. Usually, because you are being forced forward. The hands tend to fly all over the place when you are pulled or pushed. So, you must train to snap the hands to the chest as a reaction. An automatic, muscle memory, reaction. I do it sort of like a praying position. The hands snap up to the chest, palms inward, on touch. From that hand position, practice firing a short hard punch. You can practice this on the heavy bag.Use a partner to start the assault. Lets see how fast you can get your hands to your chest, and fire that punch as your shoved or pulled. This can fit in the post on having a "Hair Trigger" as well. SO! When you are startled, snap your hands to your chest. PRACTICE. ----Happy Trails----Art
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Re: infighting-closing distance

Post by Art Rabesa »

It can be very difficult closing the distance without being hit. Here are some ways to get in and go to work.--Happy Trails---Art
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPOqVqS120A
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Re: infighting-closing with hands

Post by Art Rabesa »

Here is a drill that is very successful in getting you in. Hand speed is the key here. Coordination of the body mechanics a must. Working the hands together in one movement. Blocking and striking almost at the same time is what it's all about. Tough to stop this one. ---Happy Trails ---Art
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uv-6aGLNcuM
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Re: infighting-zones

Post by Art Rabesa »

Once you are in close, you must be aware of the striking zones. If not, your strikes will not be effective. Each strike must be a destructive blow. Have a look.
------Happy Trails --- Art https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCFqkUlNxag
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Re: infighting-close power hitting

Post by Art Rabesa »

Okay -- you are in there . Now you must hit very hard to end it. You do not want to dance with this guy. You want to end it and get out of there ---don't you? So take a look at a few power tips I give from one of my seminars. ---Happy Trails----Art
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPOqVqS ... QSdCUh3_gA
Art Rabesa
Art Rabesa

Re: infighting-close power hitting

Post by Art Rabesa »

Here I am showing some real close power hitting using the heavy bag. Can not use a partner for this ,and the heavy bag gives good over training for these close quarter strikes. It's very important to notice the distance of these strikes. Impact is actually made with the hand touching the bag. In close combat, your hands will be on that bad guy, and you must be able to unload that strike from there. I hope this short link will help your understanding of power infighting. ----Happy Trails ----Art
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOyZedk8-ww
Art Rabesa

Return to “Explosive Uechi-ryu”