The next big Quack Food: RAW

. . . creating balance in your life through the use of food, herbs and the art of oriental medicine

Moderator: robb buckland

-Metablade-

The next big Quack Food: RAW

Post by -Metablade- »

Living here in sunny L.A., I'd thought I'd seen every food craze imaginable, from "Militant vegans" to the "Breatharians" (who don't eat at all.)

But now, in the land of bleached blondes, limitless opportunity and empty heads, an old idea is starting to resurface, and is fast becoming very popular amongst the Metrosexual Hollywood set.
And one thing I know is, if the Hollywood set likes it, you can best believe it'll be coming to an infomercial near you.

What is it?

Raw Food.

Here is one of the California Chefs which is getting A LOT of press here:

http://www.julianoalive.com/index.php

Note: He's nuttier than a fruitcake, (and fruitier too.)

Here's a link to perhaps help explain the sheer bull that's being marketed, right from a raw food guru's slanted mouth.

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/rawfood.htm
There's a bit of Metablade in all of us.
-Metablade-

Post by -Metablade- »

My favorite reply from this wacko is:

"Before there was fire, there was raw and we were here for billions of years on a raw diet so obviously it works. Suddenly, cooked food has come out and we're all fat, unhealthy, dying, sick and about to wipe ourselves off the face of the earth with nuclear weapons, which are also cooked." – Juliano on Go Vegan Texas!, July 22, 2002

Hmmm..
Ok, so...

1. Humans were around for billions of years? riiiiiiiight.

2. I dunno, I'm healthy, skinny, alive, and well, and I eat cooked food like it's nobody's business. Oh wait! I must be the devil!

3. Nuclear weapons are....are..."cooked?" Did I read that right?

Meta: Yeah, um, gimme a half order of baked chicken, um..some curly fries, uh..some cole slaw....and uh, OH yeah!
Gimme two orders of ICBMs to go, please! Extra Crispy!

..Only in Los Angeles..
:lol: :lol: :lol:
T.R. Joiner

Raw food diet

Post by T.R. Joiner »

Metablade,

On this one I think we may be in total agreement. A balanced diet of raw and cooked food sounds like a more prudent idea to me.

T.R. Joiner
-Metablade-

Post by -Metablade- »

Indeed.
I try to go the middle road on most things.
W.J.C.

Post by W.J.C. »

As a Vegan, I once stepped it up a notch and tried eating Raw. I'm not knocking it. It was great.

I stopped because I was losing too much weight even though I ate tons of food. I busted into the 130's before I stopped. 130 lbs at 5'11", pretty on a woman, pathetic on a man.

I was told and reasurred that losing weight like this was natural when switching to a Raw Food Diet and that soon my body would bounce back to a weight that is natural to my body type.

I had not been 130 lbs since I was 12, I got worried and stopped after 4 months.
-Metablade-

Post by -Metablade- »

I think one would probably have to be a Vegan in order to go 100% Raw.

On a lark, I visited my local whole foods market chain recently, who as most people who have been there have figured out by now, is a large corporate venue for all things new age, and generally appear to cater mostly to the upper class
save-the-whales-without-the-work-instant-health-earth-loving-lifestyle wanna-be-granola munchers (No offense to legitimate Granola munchers) in my opinion.

The issue I have here is the "Health-food" industry is big business, and usually you will find quackery married and mired to it.
The same can be said for the whole "organic" movement, which is nothing more that bunch of organic horse apples if you ask me.

Back to my point, whole foods offers a rather huge selection of Raw foods which, most of them look and I am certain taste like pressed cardboard.
And then there is the logic of the idea.
Where is the study information?
What about meat?
More importantly, what about harmful bacteria?
To me, at this point, it's a fashion statement.

But you see, it's all moot now.
Since I posted this item, the fad has changed...
It's not Raw food that's the rage, it's LIVE!!

:lol: :lol:

Only in L.A.

Return to “Ancient Health Wisdom for Modern Times”