VHS to DVD

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

VHS to DVD

Post by Guest »

I'm lacking the technical skill to fiquire out how to do this. The video card manual is greek to me. Hmm or is that geek...a new language I also don't speak :roll:

I'm looking at a tv out card, 128 MB DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. It has s video input and 2 sets of rca female sockets. Can I cable a VCR with 2 output jacks to this card and input VHS to my CPU?

If not how do I input VHS tapes, I want to burn them to DVD as it lasts longer. Anyone know how to do this?

hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllp!
Scott Danziger

Post by Scott Danziger »

Are your 2 rca female jacks red and white? If so this is your audio. If you only have s-video input, you will need a vcr player that has s-video output. I would be surprised that the ati card does not have a yellow (video) rca jack.

Once hooked up, run the capture software. The capture software does the rest. But a good card will have a combination of inputs including USB 2.0, firewire (for DV cameras), and the above mentioned.
JimHawkins

Post by JimHawkins »

Laird,

Most video capture cards have an RCA video input, at least the last time I went shopping. Some have something called RF inputs which can convert FM TV transmission, like from your cable into a composite video format like a TV does, using a built in TV tuner. I like having a card that will accept most any kind of input. They have very reasonably priced cards that will use almost any kind of signal, like this one:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... 937%3A4467

Failing getting one like this it sounds like you would have to convert your composite video output to S-video for use with the card you have, that is if one of the RCA jacks isn't yellow like Scott said.

Jim
Shaolin
M Y V T K F
"Receive what comes, stay with what goes, upon loss of contact attack the line" – The Kuen Kuit

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”