It's time...

Here's the place to offer suggestions for future SummerFests & WinterFests, talk about past events, post pictures and videos or share experiences from past Fests.

Moderator: gmattson

RA Miller

It's time...

Post by RA Miller »

I have twelve days to submit my vacation bid for 2005. Are dates set for Summerfest? Is it always the first weekend of August?

Rory
gmattson
Site Admin

Hi Rory..

Post by gmattson »

We are trying to get our dates for SummerFest from the Maritime Academy. . . so far without much success.

They are working on their schedule and will let us know when we can attend asap. It could be anywhere from the last weekend in July to the 2nd weekend in August.

Meanwhile, can I offer you and Kami some sun and fun in the Orlando area in February???? :)
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
RA Miller

Post by RA Miller »

Thanks, George.

I doubt if we can afford two big trips a year. I'll try to reserve the whole time slot (fat chance) and hope I get lucky. Let me know when you can.

Rory
gmattson
Site Admin

SummerFest Dates!!!!!

Post by gmattson »

Just confirmed the dates:

August 11-14, 2005

We have the complete facility for the weekend, so we need lots of students who will fill the place.

Please start talking it up among your friends and students. Make plans to attend.

Thanks,
George
Last edited by gmattson on Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
GEM
RA Miller

Post by RA Miller »

So that's a Thursday, Friday and Saturday?

I'll see what's left over on the Vacation schedule.

Rory
gmattson
Site Admin

Woops

Post by gmattson »

We must have been looking at the wrong calendar.

SummerFest is Fri, Sat and Sun, with early registration beginning on Thursday evening. Guess that would make it 11 - 14th.
GEM
CANDANeh

Post by CANDANeh »

Application from site says August 12-14? I printed a couple off as 2 from Bridgewater N.S. attending. Is the updated program online or do we need snail mail packages?
Léo
gmattson
Site Admin

Fri - Sun. . . (12 - 14, 2005)

Post by gmattson »

Susan and I are at the Maritime Academy Thursday, (11th) around 5pm, to take care of guests coming in from around the world. (Early Registration)

Officially, camp begins on Friday morning at 6:30AM with my "Sanchin on the Beach" seminar (for those who can make it) or at "general assembly" and the formal opening ceremony at 9AM at the Bell.

Regarding Applications and Registrations:

1. All participants must fill out this application form and sign it:

http://www.uechi-ryu.com/summerfest/sfest05app.pdf

2. You may "fax" 352-589-9881 this form to us with credit card information or you may mail it to us with payment. (Please read the payment information on the form).

3. You may pay by credit card, using our "secure" server store: http://karateworld.safeshopper.com/29/cat29.htm?681

4. If you use #3, bring the signed application form with you and give to Susan when registering.

If you have any questions about SummerFest, please feel free to call me: 352-589-9889 or email or PM me.

This promises to be one of our best years. Looking forward to working out with you all.
GEM
CANDANeh

Post by CANDANeh »

Thanks GEM
Two from our dojo going (one "old face" you know and one newbie) So at least this part of Nova Scotia represented.
Everyone is being encouraged to go so never know who may bite.
Later...
Léo
CANDANeh

Post by CANDANeh »

3 now ...Hey were a small dojo so not bad :lol:
Nothing wrong with posting goods news eh
Léo
gmattson
Site Admin

Thanks Leo...

Post by gmattson »

I always get a bit anxious at the end of June, beginning of July. . . Not as many applications coming in as I would like. . .

Maritime Academy pressing me for committments, food ordering, tshirt numbers. . .

If anyone wants to register and take advantage of the extended "early registration" deal, you can go to our "secure" store and send in your credit card payments.

click here: http://karateworld.safeshopper.com/29/cat29.htm?681
GEM
chewy

forgive my ignorance, but...

Post by chewy »

Is there a schedule of classes/seminars yet for this year? Much of the SummerFest 2005 web site contains links for 2004.

thanks in advance,

chewy

Return to “Fests_News”