What is the best spyware remover?

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Rick Wilson

Post by Rick Wilson »

Removing about:blank:

1) Start computer in safe mode.
2) Run Spyware Doctor while in safe mode and delete about:blank.
3) Restart computer.
4) Before opening your internet explorer right click your icon and check the “properties.” Your home page may be set at “about:blank.” Change your home page.

So far this has worked but not sure on what versions.
2Green

Post by 2Green »

Wow: I just posted this on Van Canna'a forum!
I was infested with adware, spyware, Internet Explorer hijacks, slow system running, imposing toolbars, you name it.

I tried all the free stuff: SpyBot, AdWare, etc., some of it it worse than the spyware, or IS spyware. You get what you pay for.

Today I went out and bought SpySweeper from Staples for $39CDN, it's a 1-year subscription like Norton A/V.
Once I loaded it, it removed 3 spywares from my system. When I updated the definitions it removed 11 more. My sytem is clean and fast once more, the IE hijackers are gone, along with the unwanted toolbars.
It deals with Trojans, keyloggers and all kinds of stuff.

It's made by Webroot software, and it's COMPLETELY compatible with Norton (I run Systemworks 2003 with the 2005 A/V update.)
No compatibility problems at all.
Forget the free stuff.
This program is the real thing: highly recommended.

McAffee makes one too, about the same price...haven't tried it.
There is a downloadable purchase from ScanSpyWare.com, can't vouch for that one either, but these days having anti-spy/ad is as critical as anti-virus.

NM

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”