Al Moulton - - - Suffers fatal heart attack!

Martial Artist get sick, have accidents, become disabled. This forum will focus on how these individuals cope with their condition while staying active in the martial arts and while living life to the fullest. Administered by Sensei Bill Bauknecht. He's been there and doing great! (You don't need to register in order to post here!)

Moderator: Available

2Green

Post by 2Green »

Like some who said previously, I did not know Mr. Moulton personally, only through these forums.
I believe this is the first time I have felt such a loss of a person I have never actually met, yet felt I knew, in the manner of a pen-pal, if you will.
We exchange a lot of very personal information and insight here, and we get to know each other in ways that transcend distance or personal contact.
I felt I knew Al Moulton in this manner.

His life story and accomplishments were to me, not only outstanding, but an example: something very few people get to be.

I'll miss him here, and I never even met the man. I can only imagine what his wife and family are feeling.

So here, Al, is a prayer for you:

"Lord, there are some of your fold who feel the need to fight for what they feel is right, according to the Spirit you breathed into them. Our friend Al Moulton was one of these. His hardship is over and I pray his spirit is free to enjoy the perfection of movement his physical body denied him.
Heaven holds righteous warriors; may Al Moulton rest among them. Amen."

NM
mikemurphy

Al

Post by mikemurphy »

I knew Al pretty well over the past 10-15 years and I won't mourn for him because I honestly don't think he would want that. I will miss him though. For any practitioner of any art or activity, Al was the epitome of determination. To know what he suffered through, and to see how far he got with the limitations so unfairly set upon him ARE an example to us all.

SO....the next time you have someone in your dojo (or wherever) say to you, "I can't do it," give a thought to Al.

Goodbye Al

mike
Bill Bauknecht

Post by Bill Bauknecht »

What a terrible loss, Allen and I worked together a number of times, working out the problems that come from being disabled. He came down to the Cape and we spent an afternoon working on ways for him to improve his Uechi work in spite of his handicaps. It helped me a lot too. We always worked out problems together, where ever and when ever we met. I will miss him, as we all will. Uechi has lost a true warrior. What he has left behind will stay with us for a long long time. Rest in peace Allen. My deepest sympathy to his family, You are all in my prayers. God Bless.
Bill Bauknecht
Last edited by Bill Bauknecht on Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
RA Miller

Post by RA Miller »

I'm so sorry. When I went to Boston the first time, Allen invited me to his home and took me to dinner. He was my first face of Uechi.

Damn, damn, damn. Someone give Chong a hug for me.
Rory
Scott Danziger

Post by Scott Danziger »

I met Al once at the 99 uechi tournament and we sometimes exchanged emails about computer stuff. He helped out a lot in the computer forum. When I bought his last book he sent me one with the plastic spirals in it. A special edition, easy to lay down flat while working out. I use it often for reference when I forget something.

As we all know he was a frequent contributer to these forums and he will surely be missed by us all.

Scott
jaybo

Post by jaybo »

My prayers and positive energy to Al's family in this time of sorrow. Although I never met the man, he was a great motivator for me. Stubbed toe? Rotator Cuff acting up? etc...when these thoughts and more were convincing me to take it easy, I would think, if Mr. Moulton can take years and years to fight the good fight, surely I can gut it out for 90 minutes.

Always wanted to e-mail him to tell him that. Feel bad that I didn't but I got a feeling he would have appreciated the comments but would have said there's people worse off than him. He certainly wouldn't have wanted any pity and I don't think anyone that knew him gave him any.

Rest in Peace. The next Adventure begins!!

jaybo
GSantaniello

Post by GSantaniello »

My deepest condolences to Al's family and friends and those who were close to him.

With all of his efforts to stay committed and dedicated to uechiryu throught his life in hard practice and struggle and to give back in his writing of several books,

Rest in Peace !
Gary S.
Kevin Mackie

Post by Kevin Mackie »

I met Allen when I was fortunate enough to be invited into Van's Torture Chamber in Brockton. I was amazed at how much he could put himself through week after week after having been through so much while rehabilitating from his near-fatal car accident.

My condolences to his family.
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

:(
Van
Evan Pantazi

Post by Evan Pantazi »

Condolences to the family.

Do not mourn the man that lived like he wanted to live, he lives on yet.
Evan Pantazi
www.kyusho.com

Return to “Special Needs”