Anyone in the Gainesville, FL (Florida) area?

Locate a teacher or instructor in your area. Also a forum for posting information about your new or unpublicized dojo.

Moderator: gmattson

christopher

Anyone in the Gainesville, FL (Florida) area?

Post by christopher »

Hi :)

Yes I did put FL and Florida. I am hoping of increasing my chances for a web search hit. I hope this will in turn point me in the right direction. ;)

Well, here goes....

Anyone know of a Dojo or Instructor in Gainesville, Florida or the immediate surrounding area?

A few years ago I spotted a sign for a Dojo, but when I went back a week later they were gone. I have not seen or heard of anyone teaching it here in Gainesville since. :(

I would REALLY like to get back into it. Any help would be appreciated.

Christopher
Stan Griffis

Post by Stan Griffis »

There is still a dojo teaching Uechi Ryu in the City of Alachua, about 10 miles north of Gainesville. The dojo is next to Conestogas Rest. on Main Street. I believe they work out Tuesday thru Thursday. Takes about 15-20 minutes from UF, or take I-75 from the Archer Road exit to Alachua exit (399). e-mail me if you have any questions.
gmattson
Site Admin

If you ever

Post by gmattson »

get to the Mount Dora area (about 20 miles north of Orlando), be sure to look me up. Classes are Mondays and Wednesdays 6-7pm and a beer afterwards.

We head for a place called "Crazy Gator", with an outdoor patio overlooking a huge lake and park. What an enjoyable way to finish up a class.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
christopher

Post by christopher »

:D
Thanks Stan. I will go check it out tomorrow. Good thing I checked this bookmark before deleting it.

George,
Thanks for the offer. I have some family over that way and if I happen to be in Eustis/Mt Dora during the week, I will look you up.

Christopher

Post by Guest »

My former student lives there. PM me and i'll give you his email address. He's looking for someone to train with.
christopher

Post by christopher »

PM Incoming...

FYI... The dojo in Alachua did not pan out. I did not see anything resembling a dojo along main street. Either the storefront did not advertise itself or they have moved.
mkellogg

Post by mkellogg »

Hello,
i just moved to gainesville from okinawa this month for college. i am also in need of a uechi-ryu instructor or student not too far from SFCC. I trained under Kiyohide Shinjo sensei and currently have a 2-kyu and would like to keep practicing uechi-ryu as much as possible.

Thank You
christopher

Post by christopher »

I am emailing you. Hopefully we can get together.
heh, Maybe I should switch to Tae Kwon Do. There is a dojo on every corner. :cry:

Post by Guest »

Did you guys look up Bynne? He wants to train Uechi Ryu!

Return to “Locate a Teacher or Dojo”