Uechi-ryu Principles of Conduct!

Please start here!
gmattson
Site Admin

Uechi-ryu Principles of Conduct!

Post by gmattson »

Remain courteous at all times.

Keep in mind that truth is relative, depending on perspective.

Maintain an open mind.

Choose words carefully. Regrets should be offered when warranted.

Do not belittle anyone for any reason.

Keep the line of discussion within the general scope of the Forum's "mission statement".

Do not criticize another style/art.

When disagreeing with an issue, substantiate the disagreement with scholarly evidence or information based on rational reasoning based on personal experience.

When expressing an opinion, offer information in support of that opinion.

Members will make all efforts to keep this forum "flame-proof".

If you would like to have a personal discussion, please do so without posting it to the group.

When an individual feels offended, send a message back to the offender only. Maintain courtesy. It may have been just a misunderstanding.

When anyone detects that a posting may have been offensive, send a message to the poster. The person may not have realized that the post was offensive.

Be courteous.

Violators of the Principles of Conduct may be given a warning from the site owner. If the problem cannot be resolved, the violator may be expelled from the individual forum and/or Banned.

George Mattson
gmattson
Site Admin

Re: Uechi-ryu Principles of Conduct!

Post by gmattson »

We are busy re-building the old Forums and since many of you are stopping in, here at the "beginning", I wish to welcome you again. . . or perhaps for the first time to our all-new structure. Probably one of the most important feature of the Forums is the fact that I've not deleted any of the existing topics or posts. In a sense, our forums are like a library, filled with valuable and interesting discussions from many well known martial art seniors. These discussions are timeless and from pioneers worth reviewing.

Utilize the search option and enjoy your personal library and museum of martial arts. Oh yes, don't be shy about asking questions, explaining points of view or just to say hello.

I read existing Principles of Conduct and find no reason to update them.

Regards,
George Mattson
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

Wow. . . a long time since visiting our Forums.

Many thanks to the Forums Guru, Cecilia Salbuchi, for all the time and effort she has spent, rebuilding and restoring our forums. Our goal has been and always will be, exploring the martial arts generally and Uechi-ryu specifically, for all open minded and friendly martial artist.

If this is your first visit to our forums, please review our rules and understand that we will enforce them in all matters.

Some of our former moderators are still listed, as they were when the forums were being visited by hundreds of visitors daily. Social media killed off most of the forums, but I kept ours alive, along with the many categories, topics and posts that are now archived in these pages. We will be looking for new people willing to take on the challenge of moderating existing topics and of course new ones as well.

I had a feeling that everything changes and often, returns to what was. Like most of you, I visit Facebook and a few other similar places, but as I read the few good posts and comments, then ten minutes later find the entire conversation has disappeared, I began missing the forums, where I could always return to continue a topic or add a new topic with the knowledge that it would be there for as long as I wish.

So please enjoy your visit and pursuing the topics. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

George Mattson
GEM
gmattson
Site Admin

Post by gmattson »

Just a note to let everyone know that the Uechi-ryu Forums are back!

I am proud and pleased to announce that my younger son, Erik, will be assisting Cecelia in regenerating interest and activity in our beloved Forums.

His role will be to maintain law and order, by maintaining the rules established by me and documented in the forum's rules section.

I will be a loyal and active moderator, but Erik and Cecelia are the bosses.

Enjoy and help rebuild the forums.

Love to all,
George E. Mattson
GEM

Return to “Introduction & Rules”