The Machine

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

The Machine

Post by Guest »

I built this machine a few months ago: It's a P4 3.4 with an ASUS P5AD2-E Motherboard, a Gig O' Ram, PCI Express ATI-AIW video with 256 Meg on it, Dual Plextor SATA DVD-R's, USB 2 Multi-Card Reader with Floppy drive, and a WD Raptor 10K RPM Hard drive (78 gb). I've since added a "FrontX" (http:\\www.frontx.com) panel on the front to patch my Motherboard headers like the spare GB Ethernet Port to the front as well as the Game port. I've also added a 200gb utility drive recently just for storage and disc images. Next, I have to replace these old monitors i'm using with some really fine 19" flat screens. Oh yeah, and this is all in a very fine Lian Li case... I got about $1900 wrapped up in it.

Ok, I showed you mine, now you show me yours!

Post by Guest »

Installing windows for the 1st time:

Post by Guest »

Thermistor module, monitors the temp of the CPU, Video CPU, Raptor HD, and Ambient Case air as well as the main Power Supplies (which is an OCZ 520W Modstream by the way).

I'll need to take a recent picture of it though....

Post by Guest »

Heres a shot with the FrontX panel installed:

Post by Guest »

Allen would have flipped over this box. For whatever reason, I somehow expected him to reply.
gmattson
Site Admin

I bought Allan's "cube"..

Post by gmattson »

which looks a lot like your machine Tony.

Unfortunately, its in the "hospital" getting fixed. I don't understand half of the stuff in it and I only use it for backups.

I like the looks of yours. Sounds like "state of the art".
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"

Post by Guest »

Yeah, those are nice. They got hot sometimes though. What kind of problems was it giving you?
gmattson
Site Admin

boot errors

Post by gmattson »

with both xp professional and win2000 prof, I'd get boot errors. Think it may be the hard drive, so having it checked out.
GEM

Post by Guest »

George, next time try first:

c:>fdisk /mbr
gmattson
Site Admin

Will do Tony

Post by gmattson »

Thanks.
GEM
Mills75

hmmm...

Post by Mills75 »

Interesting stuff and looks like a real cool machine. I have no idea what any of the stuff described is though lol. I wish I knew how to put those things together and troubleshoot them. I'm a big time novice with computers and I pick up a bit here and there as I go along but so much of it seems really complicated at least to me it does.

Jeff
Jeff

Post by Guest »

Screamer Tony. & yeah made me think of Allen. The only thing missing on your machine is a seat belt :multi:

Like the wall art too :)

Post by Guest »

Thanks Guys... trust me, this machine is seriously bad ass! And yeah, my wall art is purty ain't it...? :D

Thats a Benelli Nova, a Remington 700 7mm Mag, and a Ruger 10/22 carbine. :D

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”