Using internet photos in posts

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Using internet photos in posts

Post by Guest »

Is there a thread I could reference or a simple explanation of how to load photos from the internet and insert them into my posts?

I feel like a bozo stepchild. Also, how do you put a picture or artwork after your name? Every time I've tried the photo gets rejected.

I am envious of the smart guys :lol:

I've been scanning objects for years, loading them onto a disc and selling things on eBay. If I can do that there why not here?

Post by Guest »

I don't know John... thats a good question. Ebay is by far a more complex process.

All you need to do is get a picture online somewhere and link to it with the BBCODE Image tag

<CODE>[img]../picture.jpg[/img]</CODE>

Post by Guest »

this software *****. It's not supposed to DISPLAY THE FRIGGIN' CODE TAGS!
Rick Wilson

Post by Rick Wilson »

John:

Picture under your name:

If you have paint shop or a similar program use the "resize" (under image) to make the picture 128 pixels by 128 pixels or smaller. Then check the size and see if it is under 6 KB. If it is not then you have to make it smaller.

Post by Guest »

oh, he meant his avatar. It's in your profile settings on the bottom.

Post by Guest »

Thanks, Rick. It finally worked for me. :D I used an image I found on the web. I will experiment with the Microsoft Picture It Publishing softwareI have.

Post by Guest »

John, I didn't know you where a fan of fly fishing! :lol:

Post by Guest »

To post images you find on the net. Right click on them. Click properties. Copy the url and paste it into your post. Place this Image on the rear end. No spaces.

Try it on the image provided to see if you can duplicate it in a post.

You should end up with:

except no spaces between the image tags and the image address.

The process to post your own images is similar but you must have a server to upload your images to. Then just follow the same steps and you can post the images where ever you wish.
Rick Wilson

Post by Rick Wilson »

Nice pic too, John. :D

Post by Guest »

Laird wrote:Image

To post images you find on the net. Right click on them. Click properties. Copy the url and paste it into your post. Place this Image on the rear end. No spaces.

Try it on the image provided to see if you can duplicate it in a post.

You should end up with:

except no spaces between the image tags and the image address.

The process to post your own images is similar but you must have a server to upload your images to. Then just follow the same steps and you can post the images where ever you wish.

Post by Guest »

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”