Help: how to get a Dazzle to load into Windows Movie Maker

This forum is for the discussion of technology, computers, & problems relating to the web and your computer

Moderator: Scott Danziger

Rick Wilson

Post by Rick Wilson »

Hi All:

Randy lent me a Pinnacle Studio 8 to try.

This comes with a hardware diagnostic.

Everything checks out (including the dazzle) EXCEPT:

“T1 1394 chip not found on BUS”

Anyone know what the heck this means?

Post by Guest »

It's looking for something on a Firewire port. 1394=Firewire.

Post by Guest »

Rick, whats the scoop man? Did you hear back from McFunsoft? Did you try to slow your video card down a bit?
Rick Wilson

Post by Rick Wilson »

Hi Tony:

I heard nothing back so I went out and bought an ADS TECH DVD Express. It has an external capture device and software. I picked it up at Costco for $94 Can.

I should have things to load up tonight.

The capture took a bit to get working but it IS. :multi:

AND I can use Windows Movie Maker to compress the files.

Thanks for all your suggestions. :D

Post by Guest »

wow, thats a nice piece of hardware. Are those two kyu kumite vids done with that? Looks really good!
Rick Wilson

Post by Rick Wilson »

Hi Tony;

Yes it is.

The capture wizard records them as either MPEG 1 or 2. I use the lower quality MPEG 1. Then I use Windows Movie Maker to compress them. I am impressed with the quality retained because I take them down from 15 to 25 MB to 4 to 7 MB.

There is movie making software that comes with the hardware “Ulead Movie Making Factory” but I haven’t tried it yet.

The only tricky part now on the capture is a small delay after you click record. I have to play with my timing (hence the little wait at the start of step 4, I kept missing parts so I gave a lead in. :oops: )

Post by Guest »

You should be able to use ULead to "trim" the clips... so if you start the rip early and finish late, you can clip the ends off and save only the footage you want. I use Riverpast Video Slice to do that.

http://www.riverpast.com/

Return to “Computer & Web Tech Help”