Blew up in their faces.

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
MikeK

Blew up in their faces.

Post by MikeK »

Maybe this wasn't such a good idea...
CNN.com
Terror attacks spark fury in Jordan
Amman stunned by suicide bombings

AMMAN, Jordan (CNN) -- Three terror bombings that killed at least 56 people in Jordan's capital sparked furious protests against al Qaeda on Thursday after a Web site carried a claim that the group was behind the attacks.

Jordanians flooded Amman blaring car horns and waving the nation's flag to protest the suicide attacks at three hotels with Western connections.

Hundreds of angry Jordanians rallied, shouting, "Burn in hell, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi!" after the claim of responsibility was posted.

The Wednesday attacks at the Grand Hyatt, Radisson and Days Inn hotels in downtown Amman took their greatest toll on a wedding party. (Watch what the explosion left behind -- 4:39)

The wedding reception of Ashraf al-Akhras and his bride, Nadia Alami, at the Radisson was targeted by one of the bombers, although no Westerners attended. The explosion killed the couple's fathers and a number of guests. The newlyweds were wounded.

The groom said the blast happened as he and his bride were entering the wedding hall. He lost as many as 10 of his relatives, he said.

"This is not Islam," al-Akhras said. "This is a terrorist fighting our capital."

In the Palestinian West Bank village of Silet al-Thaher, Akhras family members mourned their relatives.

"Oh my God, oh my God. Is it possible that Arabs are killing Arabs, Muslims killing Muslims? For what did they do that?" screamed 35-year-old Najah Akhras, who lost two nieces in the attack.

Some Middle Eastern nations are accustomed to suicide bombings, but Jordan is not. Wednesday's blasts, which wounded more than 100 people, shook the country's confidence in its security.

National leaders convened soon after the explosions.

"This is something that Jordan is not used to," Deputy Prime Minister Marwan Muasher said, taking a break from the meeting. "Obviously, we are not happy about what happened and we are going to take whatever measures we can to guard against these terrorist activities."

Jordanian television, government offices and schools closed Thursday to regroup after the attacks.
'Bodies and blood all over'

Randa Jaaqoub said she was in the Grand Hyatt's lobby with her fiance during that blast.

"Everything just exploded, and we had fire and smoke all over," said the Jordanian-American from Chicago. "We saw the bodies and blood all over."

Outside the Days Inn, Anwar Dabass said he "saw three people in the street. They weren't dead. They were moving. We were one of the first people there and there were some body parts in the street."
Al Qaeda in Iraq boasts of attack

Al-Zarqawi's al Qaeda in Iraq claimed responsibility for the bombings in a Web site posting, and linked them to its Islamist beliefs.

But the Jordanian protesters rejected the idea that the explosions were carried out to protect Islam.

Bridegroom al-Akhras said, "The world has to know that this has nothing to do with Islam."

The Pentagon has had a $25 million bounty on al-Zarqawi's head since 2004. (Watch where and how a terrorist came of age -- 4:02)

CNN cannot verify the authenticity of the Web site claims, but U.S. intelligence officials said they "view that claim as credible."

CNN also has learned from a source with detailed knowledge of the investigation that two of the bombers have been identified as Iraqis, prompting Jordanian police to narrow their focus on possible facilitators they believe are still in the country.

The Web site posting boasts that the attacks happened at "retreats that were planted in the land of Muslims in Amman" -- a reference to the hotels that Westerners frequent.

It continues: "After studying the targets and watching, we chose the places to carry the mission on some of the hotels, which the Jordanian dictator turned into a backyard for the enemies of faith -- the Jews and the Crusaders."

Jordan's King Abdullah II has close relationships with Israel and the United States.

Pentagon officials said that before the explosions, a former hostage revealed that his captors had talked about such attacks on Western targets.

But Jordanians accounted for most of the casualties from the Wednesday attacks, and Jordanian officials said they viewed the blasts as attacks against their country. The State Department said one American was among the dead and two were among the wounded.

A senior Jordanian intelligence official said suicide attackers with explosive belts caused the blasts and, contrary to earlier reports, no vehicles were involved.
Palestinian officials among dead

Jordanian Embassy officials in Washington said the blasts came without warning, and Jordanian government officials were not among the casualties.

Officials from other governments, however, were among the dead. Four Palestinians, including Maj. Gen. Bashir Nafeh, head of Palestinian military intelligence, died in the blast at the Grand Hyatt, said chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erakat.

Also killed was Col. Abed Allun; Jihad Fattouh, the brother of the Palestinian parliament speaker; and Mosab Khoma, Erakat said. The four were on their way back from Cairo, Egypt, he said, adding his condemnation of the attacks.

Three Chinese were killed and one wounded in the attacks, according to the Chinese news agency Xinhua, which cited a press release on the Chinese Foreign Ministry's Web site. They were members of a delegation from China's University of National Defense and were staying at one of the hotels, according to the report. The report did not specify which hotel.

Though Jordanian officials initially said they would handle the investigation on their own, a small contingent of FBI personnel from the agency's laboratory division are traveling to Amman at the request of the Jordanian government, said FBI spokesman Richard Kolko. Another official said fewer than 10 people would make the trip.

Copyright 2005 CNN. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Associated Press contributed to this report.

Find this article at:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/11/ ... index.html

I was dreaming of the past...
cdoucet

Post by cdoucet »

Or it is world propaganda.... dunno how far i trust cnn now a days..

in any case.. doesn't look very good for those terrorrists.. (not that it did anyways)

Chris
-Metablade-

Post by -Metablade- »

Human nature is often too predictable;
People seldom get involved in issues unless it affects them harshly and directly.
There's a bit of Metablade in all of us.
Sochin

Post by Sochin »

"Oh my God, oh my God. Is it possible that Arabs are killing Arabs, Muslims killing Muslims? For what did they do that?" screamed 35-year-old Najah Akhras, who lost two nieces in the attack.
...implies no outrage over the nightclub bombings in Indonesia whcich targeted non-Muslims, hey?

Typical Muslim arrogance, hmmm?
IJ

Post by IJ »

We don't get her views on that... but I'm not shocked that it bothers her more this blow came from within her larger community (albeit one she doesn't share an attitude problem with). I had a special dislike for McVeigh because America had enough problems without yahoos trying to destroy it from within... So she could be one of those suppprters of Hamas bombings that has gotten a taste of what she's been selling, or not.
--Ian
cxt

Post by cxt »

If I recall correctly Zarqawi was imprisoned in Jordan for quite some time for his terror activities.

He was released as an act of clemency----by the King of Jordan--whom I am sure is re-thinking that act of kindness now.

Jordan has a unique position in that they are very moderate muslims who's rulers have a legit claim to the Claiphite that AQ wants to bring back.

They speak for a lot of folks and have politcal clout and are moderate.

No wonder that AQ and company need to attack them.

It also is a good sign of AQ getting desperate--things in Pakistain, Iraq, and Indonesia are not going well for them.
So they need to broaden the scope of the war.
Rick Wilson

Post by Rick Wilson »

Now is the time then to kill off the terrorists. It will take a united world effort.

The leaders of Islam should speak out and quote the basic rules to these guys. Suicide is forbidden they should all be cursed not blessed.

Or maybe use other nasty means to curse them:

“Just before World War I, General 'Blackjack' Pershing was stationed in the Philippines, where he was ordered to put down an Islamic insurgency movement.

Pershings troops captured fifty terrorists and had them tied to posts for execution.
Pershing ordered his men to slaughter two pigs in front of the now horrified terrorists.
The soldiers soaked their bullets in pigs blood in full view of the fifty condemned terrorists.

Using the pig-soaked bullets, they executed forty-nine of them by firing squad. They dug a big hole, dumped in the bodies of the terrorists, and covered them in pig blood, entrails, etc., and covered over the grave.

Pershing let the fiftieth terrorist go. There wasn't another Islamic terrorist incident for forty-two years.”

http://www.hallindseyoracle.com/article ... cleID=5357
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

Well, saudi arabia has been hit mre then once by suicide bombings. What makes jordan so much different? They are just as corrupt as the saudi arabia.
Fuqing monarchy

Muslim leaders already spoke out, there was a Fatwah issued after britain's bombing, not about the bombing of it self but about terrorism.

But then again, when have extremists EVER listened to reason or moderates?

Curse? IN THEORY , islam has no heirachy, there is no 'pope' or 'arch bishop'(though many muslims seem to be content to listen blindly to one man who claims to be such) Essentially, theoritically, in islam an individuals relationship with god is personal.
Hence, IN THEORY they can say that all the muslim leaders are corrupt(true, some are corrupt but not in the way THEY think) and say that they have no say to who gets into heaven or not.

These guys are muslims who killed muslims. Two people, both the same faith as the killers, two people were getting married , young innocent. And their fathers got killed in cold blood, on thier wedding day. These men are already are cursed.

I dont think there is anything of a muslim being in contact with a pig being denied of heaven. We cant eat pork, thats for certain.
Radical islamists even take insignificant things like pork to extremes is seems :roll:
An interesting article, has a patriotic bias, but then again so do canadian news soarces. Overall pretty good, an interesting read. THe guy is a practicing christian, but i did not sense any of the hardcore blind right wing religious subjectivity of Ned Flanders, it was infact objective.
Im talking of both the pig blood article and the one on the left hand side.

EDIT:

Al-Zarqawi, am i the only that noticed this name often linked with terrorism constantly with different people? That name must be cursed as well!
The Shah led Iran into the modern culture of the 20th century. The people had a good life and nearly all were prosperous. But they still embraced the Ayatollah Khameini who promptly plunged them headlong back to the 7th-century culture of radical Islam. Economic prosperity does not have the same appeal to these fanatics as it does to others
Now dont they regret it! :P
Last edited by AAAhmed46 on Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Panther

Post by Panther »

AAAhmed46 wrote:Chuck Norris recently had the idea to ... (snip)
While I admit that I got a chuckle out of your sig, I've had the pleasure of meeting and working out with Mr. Norris years ago. Like many martial artists of that rank/level/ability/etc, he was very nice, helpful and kind. For years I kept a heavy bag which we used during that workout and which was replaced at the dojo the next day. (It was getting old anyway... ;) ) But not just for those reasons, but also for the fact that it violates the rules of this forum (See Rule 4, "personal insults", even though that is about other posters, perhaps some day Mr. Norris will decide to participate...). In addition, I wouldn't want any legal action to potentially be taken for defamation of character. I understand it's a joke and, as I said, I got a chuckle out of it too, but I'm requesting that you please change your sig.
Thanks...
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

Hey, dont worry! I like chuck norris. His book "Secret power within" helped me open up my mind to new ideas about martial arts.

But admit it! Those posts are damn funny!

If chuck norris did piss in a can and would sell it, it probably would be like redbull! Cause that how tough he is.
He spits nails and pisses lightening.

I know his original style was Tang so do(spelled it wrong)

And I know he has a Black belt in BJJ.

I also heard he did some CMA and Muay thai, is this true?
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

http://sympaticomsn.ctv.ca/servlet/Arti ... mber051113

Just some more info....though you probably seen this in the news.
benzocaine

Ahmed

Post by benzocaine »

What are you trying to accomplish with your sig? Panther can be a bit abrubt at times, but he wants to maintain order in his forums. That's all. He's equal oppoutunity. If you don't like him don't post on his forums.

This is the first time I've posted here in almost a year. Not that I think he's a bad guy per say, I just get nothing but negative feelings here. I advise you to move on before you get banned for personal attacks.
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

hey, im not complaining. So i changed it, i guess this one is more comical and less insulting, so im keeping this one, and if this new one is too insulting, then ill change it again.

Return to “Realist Training”