Peta tells kids to run from daddy.

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
AAAhmed46

Peta tells kids to run from daddy.

Post by AAAhmed46 »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,176739,00.html

I got no problems with vegetarians, its a respectable decision. But this is just...overkill.

If only laird were hear to comment on this! :D :cry:
Akil Todd Harvey

Post by Akil Todd Harvey »

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, or PETA, has begun a campaign to scare children into becoming vegetarians.

The group, which formed to stop animal testing of consumer products but made its name by attacking women in fur coats with fake blood, is producing comic books that portray fathers as homicidal maniacs.

The handout, titled "Your Daddy Kills Animals," features a grinning lunatic gutting a fish, and warns kids to keep their puppies and kittens away from Dad because he's "hooked on killing."

"PETA is trying as hard as it can to portray the ordinary angler as a demonic, sadistic, cruel killer. This is what PETA does — it paints caricatures of ordinary people to try to convince the rest of us that we shouldn't want to emulate them," said David Martosko, of the industry lobbying group Center for Consumer Freedom.

But PETA insists that its comic is not outlandish.

"The scientific facts are that fish feel pain in the same way as dogs and cats. It's no more acceptable to hook a fish through the mouth and drag them into your boat and slice them in half than it would be to do the exact same thing to a dog or a cat," said Bruce Friedrich, vegan campaign coordinator for PETA.

Publicity stunts are nothing new for PETA, which has run ads featuring naked women in cages and people dressed in animal suits warning about the dangers of eating meat. But some critics feel the kid-targeted campaign goes too far.

"This is traumatizing kids by the thousands. There's going to be long-term psychological damage from these kids being exposed to the material that PETA puts in front of them on a regular basis," Martosko said.

But, Friedrich countered, "They can certainly find stuff that is more in your face on the Internet, more in your face on Saturday morning cartoons. We don't need to shelter our kids quite that much."

The pamphlet follows a previous one that painted Mom as a "chicken killer." PETA claims its only goal is to reduce meat consumption by changing children's eating habits. Critics insist alienating children from their parents isn't in anyone's best interests — human or animal.
AAAhmed46, just copying the body of the article for posterity....sometimes articles go into archives and can be hard to find later, making a thread less meaningful for those who come late to the party (often, that is me).......

Many thanks for this info......it is not surprising in light of what I have been posting on this forum recently (Imo).........

To me, a shortened version of feminism goes like this, "men are bad and women who love those bad men are bad, too......"

Thus, mommy can be horrible cuz she eats and/or cooks chicken just like daddy or at daddy's request........daddy is clearly bad cuz he has testosterone running through his veins..........and he eats animals and he enjoys killing them (with no reservation whatsoever)

In the mind of the feminists, by the way, sexism is the evil that leads to all the other isms that we discourage, like racism, homophobism, etc......but God help me if I see feminist encouraged sexism directed at men in lots of different places........the women can be bad, but it is not becuase women are bad, it is because they listen to men who are bad..........

No one who hunts the real way (without helpers doing the real work) gain a greater conscious with regard to our diets and what we eat than hunters (not that I have ever hunted, but i aspire to).

I, too, await our friend ugly elk to tell us stories about the hunt, for i doubt that he will relish the killing of the animal, but will respect the death of the animal as giving to our sustenace.......hunters are closer to a spirituality thing than most of us are..........especially as it regards our food supply......

When i first became muslim more than decade ago, one of the things they encrouaged was slaughtering your own animals for your feasts & celebrations, among other times.......i was somewhat squeamish and have yet to try it, but my urge to do so has ben growing a lot lately and it has nothing to do with an urge to kill another living being (that is the part that I dread), but rather of affirming life........affirming that we want the meat, but that we waste as little of it as possible (as an animal suffered for us to have it)...when we become divorced of our food supply (who has wrung a chicken's neck?-not I).....but wringing a chicken's neck, killing it in your own two hands, makes you think more about killing animals than just buying them in the package from the store where you have NOT seen the suffering that that animal went through........

I, too, look for Laird's input, for although I have never met the man and we have disagreed more times than I can count, if I was stuck in the woods post armegeddon, there are few men (or women) i would want around more than him.........

I am sure that Laird will detail lots of hunters who are careless with regard to their kills and the suffereing that the animals endure from careless and caustic hunters, but to make all hunters look bad for the sins of a minority population of hunters is what we call and despise: Collective Punishment

of course, that is what happens when we judge each other based upon group characteristics, not individual behavior. I, it seems, have been guilty of this group blame think for a long time and i am desperately trying to get past it...hopefully, you folks have room for forgiveness in your hearts and will continue to help guide me in this endeavor.........[/b]
Seek knowledge from cradle to grave
Panther

Post by Panther »

People Eating Tasty Animals

:mrgreen:

Taggart Transcontinental: Producers, Not Looters
Rich

Post by Rich »

Murderers row:

Getting ready to prepare a tasty animal - fresh water striped bass - for eating as my son gets ready for a lesson in fileting!

Chris is now all grown up and fishes more often than I do.

By the way, Bill G. has had a few of these dropped off at his doorstep over the years.

Rich
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

Indeed I took part in the murderous plot. That was some good eating! 8)

Just last night we did sushi after seeing the Harry Potter movie. My boys actually
fight over raw salmon. Way back when number 2 son was five, I would bring some
sushi-grade fish home and prepared it in my own kitchen. If one son thought
the other got one more piece than him, I would never hear the end of it.

If you want to do the raw fish thing, by all means go for it. One of the reasons
that Asians live longer - including longer than any of those PETA nuts - is because of
the beneficial effects from eating raw fish. The fresher the better. If it squeals
when you bite, then it's fresh enough. :wink:

Salmon is a good place to start. The taste is great, and the texture is like silk.
Then you can gravitate to other interesting fish and animals such as squid, octopus,
and fish roe.

Yum! 8)

I wonder if fish think twice before gobbling a smaller fish.
How is their "fish empathy?" ;)

- Bill
Bill Glasheen

Post by Bill Glasheen »

What do these animals know that folks from Peta don't?

Nice, kitty! :shocked!:

- Bill
Rich

Post by Rich »

Hmmmm... Yes, nothing better than fresh salmon.

Here is a picture of yours truly with a very nice King Salmon caught in a glacial stream just south of Mt. McKinley. We ate them as we went and they really did melt in my mouth.

Incidentally, there was a group from Japan fishing the same area. When they caught one they did not wait to get back to camp to eat it. In fact, if it was a female, they would scoop out the roe and eat it on the spot!

The grizzley bears were in the area but left us alone. We were advised to depart the area quickly if a bear decided our fishing spot was better than his.

Here is a King Mackeral caught off the coast of South Carolina on the edge of the gulf stream. Yum.

Rich
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

http://50083.rapidforum.com/

Laird has the funniest ##### to say about this.
-Metablade-

Vegitarianism..Is it Murder?

Post by -Metablade- »

I've always wondered, and perhaps someone can explain to me
the logic behind Vegetarianism, especially the militant kind.

As I understand it, vegans claim that eating animals is morally and ethically wrong, but I really don't get it.
If I understand correctly, the moral argument goes like this:

* Higher non-human animals have rights

This first argument is the basis of my post. Ok, WHO decided what is considered a "higher" animal, and where is the ultimate authority which this is based from?"
Does an amoeba have less or no rights as a
human simply because some rama-lama-ding-dong somewhere in a cave said so? WTF? What, and of
course humans are at the top?
Why how convenient for us! Why, we're the kings of the living world!
I would disagree. Based solely apart from human ego,
or religious views, and imparted from purely empirical observation, logic clearly shows that the only difference regarding ALL life on this is planet is simply based
upon the complexly of an the organism's system.

I.e., a tree is more complex than an paramecium,
and thusly an skunk is more complex than a shrew, etc...

Therefore, what we are left with is NOT the classifications
we are used to when dealing with plants and animals, but yet, a classification based upon complexity of an
Earthen life form.

Ergo, Vegitariagan must "Kill" less complex life forms in order to eat.
It is just that they do not choose eat more complec life forms which, has absolutely NOTHING to do with a more complex life form having more universal value, or not to mention the entirely unproven idea that more complex organisms have a "soul" and are therefore higher, and less complex forms are lower and therefore do not.
It's all relitive. Eat is Eat, wheather you kill an plant
organism or an elephant. To purposefully extinguish
life no matter what kind, is called murder.
Therfore, Vegans are (deluded) murders.

Now, that said, I shall now go murder a dolphin sandwich..
(Smothered in baby veal and pork-chops)

:lol:
There's a bit of Metablade in all of us.

Return to “Realist Training”