Kiss of death

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
AAAhmed46

Kiss of death

Post by AAAhmed46 »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051128/ap_ ... eadly_kiss

I feel bad for this girl, but at the same time its kind of funny.

I feel like a horrible person.

EDIT: Actually, now that i read it in detail, it isnt funny. And i feel like ##### that i once thought it was.
CANDANeh

Protien of death

Post by CANDANeh »

Having a son with peanut allergies I can understand how it can seem funny and horrible. I seen him exposed to unbelivers, those that shelter and fear too much, those that are curious as to just what would happen, and parents who can not grasp the reality of what does often happen. To some (growing numbers) the protien in peanuts is simply a "poison" that can kill more effectively than most MA. To anyone who has witnessed an anaphylactic seizure it remains burned in your mind. Strangulation by an "invisible attacker", most often the victim a young child.
Peanut product banning in schools 10 years ago created controversy and often I had to breath deep and use soft skills to convience that the protien to some was like leaving a loaded pistol in a classroom in the hands of often curious young children that can not be expected to understand the reality of death. Beneath it all...powerful protective instincts of a parent was only inches from surfacing but thankfully hands stayed cliched in pockets.
Léo
-Metablade-

Re: Kiss of death

Post by -Metablade- »

AAAhmed46 wrote:
I feel like a horrible person.

EDIT: Actually, now that i read it in detail, it isnt funny. And i feel like ##### that i once thought it was.
...and yet strangely enough, this thread is still remains undeleted... :?:
There's a bit of Metablade in all of us.

Return to “Realist Training”