Misandry

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
Akil Todd Harvey

Post by Akil Todd Harvey »

I am fairly certain Ian wouldnt be happy with one or even a few anti-gay films or tv shows even if there were lots of positive image gay shows on tv or in the movies..........

Even a single anti-gay movie, tv show, host etc gets the wrath and attention of the gay lobby (GLAAD, among others)..........they pounce on it in a heartbeat.......

But we men should just sit back and enjoy the mischaracterization of the males..........cuz Ian likes it............ 8)
Seek knowledge from cradle to grave
gmattson
Site Admin

ATH. . .

Post by gmattson »

Spent the past twenty minutes reading the "Updates" to this lengthy thread. WOW!

I can empathize with Ian, since a few months ago it seemed as though everything I wrote was targeted by a few people for the purpose of making me look insensitive and to justify their positions.

You appear to be doing that with everything Ian is saying.

It is as though your brain is actually translating what people (primarily Ian) are saying and feeding your consciousness a message that is completely contrary to what Ian expressed.

I'm not saying you are doing this deliberately, but as a person with no horse in the race, my feeling is that you are way off base in your many accusations and condemnations of the people who are essentially agreeing with you.

In this thread, there must be a hundred individual arguments floating around. Why not begin a new thread, tackling one item at a time. And Akil. . . when everyone is agreeing with you, or you them, close the thread and begin the next. If we (I'll include myself in this horse race) all agree that violence against men is bad, present some positive solutions and suggestions for improving the injustice. But don't ask anyone to walk around Boston Common, carrying signs or asking us to picket or boycott.

About all you can expect to do here is educate and suggest ways for improvement.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
IJ

Post by IJ »

"I am fairly certain Ian wouldnt be happy with one or even a few anti-gay films or tv shows even if there were lots of positive image gay shows on tv or in the movies.........."

You know, there was a time when ANYTHING like that did bother me. There's a gay joke in "Aladdin." And I was having a bad time then, in a repressive state and peer group, and I was discouraged I couldn't even see a Disney film without something like this. Now, I let the little stuff slide. My gosh, things are overall soooo much better that even though there is enshrined in law all kinds of inequities (marriage/civil union, military, health care / benefits / wills / inheritance; we just got out of the era of #25,000 / 5 years for things straight couples do everyday), that I can either go through life appreciating what I have or being angry all the time. I chose the former.

For example, while there've only been a handful of gay characters for whom their sexuality is incidental (as mine is... I'm a doctor, a person, a karateka, a craftsman, a pet afficionado more than anything else) there's also a quality made movie earning an oscar buzz that shows the difficulties of living in an unwelcoming society (but is about people, and not a whiny / political piece). Super! Brokeback Mountain is a little harder to find than King Kong but its gorgeously shot (it's what crouchin tiger was for kung fu movies, thanks to Ang Lee). And if there was going to be a film which showed a bunch of gay men having risky, trashy sex and using drugs--what could I say? Some stereotypes have a grain of truth. HIV, syphilis, gonorrhea, MRSA, lymphogranuloma venereum infection rates have increased among men who have sex with men. Rather then rail against the "Stereotype," this gay guy has arranged to give STD workshops at local colleges and deal with it.

You may have heard that there was a boycott on Ford (and a bunch of other companies) recently for advertising in gay publications. That's the right of the conservative organizations. I believe we should combat their negative views but I support their rights to free speech and free ... consumerism i guess... no matter what. It's an ongoing argument. I have an opinion, I hold it strongly, but I won't deny the progress or let it weigh me down. It all is what it is. And I'm willing to discuss or debate those issues further with anyone, amicably, even if heatedly, but it should be in another thread.

"But we men should just sit back and enjoy the mischaracterization of the males..........cuz Ian likes it"

Not at all. I just haven't heard that the movie mischaracterization of men is pervasive or worth getting bent out of shape over. Here's a thought. There are a lot of war movies out there that show men getting ground up into hamburger. Many of these are made with antiwar intentions. They're to show us war is insane and men shouldn't be cannon fodder. But according to some friends, the military guy (and here I hope some REAL military guys can enlighten me on this phenomenon as needed) really enjoy the gore and delight in the depictions of conflict. They feel pumped up, elated, and they revel in their masculine bonds, skills, strengths, and sacrifices. In other words, they dig the "mischaracterization" of men as warriors.

What do you think, ATH? Do you think that some of these images showing men as bad-a$$es and killers appeal to men, and are made to satisfy a demand, just like ice cream, ipods, or marijuana? They may themselves be supporting these traditional roles (stereotypes if you will) but don't they derive some benefit, or can't they chose what they want to see?

Obviously movies and TV are filled with the social roles and cultural messages of the society that produced them. I agree that these depictions often reflect a world that's not ideal and doesn't show ANYONE to their best (Gosh, what's the standard depiction of an african american on TV--running from police, poor, or obscenely hedonisticly welathy, focused on base instincts--even in their own music videos, movies and video games!) and **I support your effort to change them.** I just suggest a more nuanced view of why these images exist. They exist because there's a market. BLACK people are eating up these negative images of blacks, for one, whether you believe Bill Cosby on this or not... let's work to change that appetite, those depictions, and the occasional racist in production--but I don't think we can yet say the KKK has a media plot against black people, or that NOW has infiltrated all the networks and film companies and is trying to ruin our image of men.
--Ian
Akil Todd Harvey

Men Are Becoming the Ad Target of the Gender Sneer

By COURTNEY KANE

Published: January 28, 2005

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/28/busin ... ssuserland
ARE today's men incompetent, bumbling idiots? Judging by portrayals in some advertising, the answer seems to be yes - much to the dismay of some men.
The portrayals began as a clever reversal of traditional gender roles in campaigns, prompted by the ire of women and feminist organizations over decades of ads using stereotyped imagery of an incompetent, bumbling housewife who needed to be told which coffee or cleanser to buy.
As those images disappeared, the pendulum swung, producing campaigns portraying men in general, and husbands and fathers in particular, as objects of ridicule, pity or even scorn. Among them are ads for Bud Light, Domino's, Hummer, T-Mobile and Verizon.
The "man as a dope" imagery has gathered momentum over the last decade, and critics say that it has spiraled out of control. It is nearly impossible, they say, to watch commercials or read ads without seeing helpless, hapless men.
In the campaigns, which the critics consider misandry (the opposite of misogyny), men act like buffoons, ogling cars and women; are likened to dogs, especially in beer and pizza ads; and bungle every possible household task. Most marketers presenting incompetent, silly male characters say their campaigns provide a harmless comedic insight into the male mentality while also appealing to women. But men who describe themselves as rights activists are increasingly speaking out against the ads as a form of male-bashing, especially when the ads disparage the roles that fathers play in their children's lives.
"You can't routinely denigrate a given segment of the population mercilessly," said Richard Smaglick, a founder of an organization known as the Society for the Prevention of Misandry in the Media, which runs (fathersandhusbands.org), a Web site. "We're trying to wake up the industry to get business leaders to recognize that this isn't the way to build relationships with their customers."
Some critics label the campaigns a reaction to the political correctness that makes it no longer permissible to use stereotypes of women.
Paul Nathanson, who wrote "Spreading Misandry: The Teaching of Contempt for Men in Popular Culture," with Katherine K. Young, said the issue was larger than just what was presented in advertising.
"Negative imagery in advertising is part of negative imagery in popular culture in general," Dr. Nathanson said. "If you add up the way men are presented in popular culture, then it is a problem because the message is that that's what men are."
Then there are the longer-term effects, Dr. Nathanson said, asking, "How do boys form a healthy identity?" if they are constantly exposed to anti-male stereotypes.
Martyn Straw, chief strategy officer at BBDO Worldwide in New York, part of the Omnicom Group, offered an explanation.
"In advertising and in general communications," Mr. Straw said, "there is the notion that things that are 'negative' are always much funnier than 'positive,' which can get very schmaltzy."
"In order to not cross over the line into denigration," Mr. Straw said, the situation portrayed in an ad needs to be truthful and funny. If those elements are in place, he added, "it's not really bashing, it's just having a funny look at the way men work sometimes and the way they approach things."
Critics have compiled lists of ads they deem offensive. One Web site, Standyourground.com, in cooperation with the Men's Activism News Network, lists 30 brands it asks men to avoid buying because of what they regard as male-bashing advertising; the list includes Budweiser, Hummer, J. C. Penney and Post-it notes.
One of the companies most cited is Verizon Communications, for a commercial for its Verizon DSL service created by McGarry Bowen in New York. The spot shows a computer-clueless father trying to help his Internet-savvy daughter with her homework online. Mom orders Dad to go wash the dog and leave their daughter alone; the girl flashes an exasperated look of contempt at him.
A Verizon spokesman, John Bonomo, said, "It was not our intention certainly to portray fathers as inessential to families." The commercial has run its scheduled course, he added, and is no longer appearing.
In many ways, said Ann Simonton, coordinator of Media Watch in Santa Cruz, Calif., an organization that challenges what it considers to be racism, sexism and violence in the media, such commercials play on stereotypes of both sexes. For instance, speaking of the Verizon spot, Ms. Simonton said, "One might be able to interpret the women as being very nagging."
Akil Todd Harvey

Society for the Prevention of Misandry in the Media

http://fathersandhusbands.org/
Akil Todd Harvey

GM,

I could say the same thing about Ian....and his feminist minions......Taking stuff out of context for way too long, to make a point......Perhaps that is exactly what I am doing, taking stuff out of context to make a point........But, I Have a point to make, and most of it has a context, even if most folks want to pretend that my context has no validity.......My context is the male point of view, which we have worked so hard to ignore and undervalue for far too long..........

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/entert ... .+misandry
The Myth of Male Power
By KATE SANTICH
The Orlando Sentinel
07/07/2004

You've seen him in TV commercials. He's the guy who can't open a pickle jar or take care of his kids, the husband raised by wolves, the balding, portly fellow who leaps for joy now that a pill has solved his impotence. He's the one scalded by hot coffee and hit in the crotch with a bowling ball, though he doesn't seem to mind.

In the powerful dominion of television advertising, this hapless, sloppy, beer-drinking punch line is the modern American man.

And critics say he's getting more than his fair share of abuse.

"If anything like this was happening to blacks or women or Jews, it would be considered a moral crime," says Warren Farrell, a California author and men's rights advocate. "We're being flooded with advertising in which either a male is being hit by a female, or the man is simply the jerk."

Farrell, author of the 1993 book "The Myth of Male Power," is one of a small but growing number of men - and a few women - protesting what they consider sexist, stereotypical and even mean-spirited ads. Male-bashing, they claim, is the last politically safe perversion.

"At this point in time, if advertisers served up women the same way that guys are treated, it would be world war," says Steve Feinberg, chief creative officer at the Seiden Group, a New York ad agency. "Advertising has cycled its way through that. Right up through the early 1980s, (the message to women) was 'Spend all day obsessing over whether you have the right toilet bowl cleaner, because that's how you define yourself.' But you can't do that anymore."

Late last year, Richard Smaglick, 40, a New Hampshire engineer and father, launched the Society for the Prevention of Misandry in the Media - misandry being the seldom-heard counterpart to misogyny. Among his first efforts was a boycott of the clients of advertising giant Saatchi & Saatchi because of a spot it produced for Wyeth FluMist.

In the ad, we see Mom laid up in bed, felled by the virus, and Dad in charge of the household - much to the glee of the kids, who march off to school in a snowstorm dressed as if for a luau. Alas, poor Dad can't manage his own children.

Smaglick admits the boycott had little, if any, impact - Saatchi & Saatchi declined to comment - and he won't say precisely how big his group is. "I don't want our organization to be assigned its credibility or lack of credibility based on numbers," he says.

On a Web site for the Men's Activism News Network, readers have compiled a list of companies to boycott for their allegedly male-bashing ads. The list includes perhaps the ultimate macho-man vehicle, the Hummer, which aired a spot showing a woman behind the wheel and a tagline that read: "Threaten men in a whole new way."

Imagine the fallout, a man said in a posting on MANN's Web site, if the roles were reversed and men were encouraged to "threaten women in a whole new way."

It's a point well taken, says Matt Campbell, one of the site's administrators. "To get a sense of why there is a group of men finding the state of affairs so outrageous, just switch the gender roles for a minute and see if it would still be funny. Imagine having a laugh track when a woman's genitals are attacked."

Ultimately, whether men and boys take the images to heart, whether it affects how they feel about themselves, is debatable. But Paul Nathanson and Katherine Young, authors of "Spreading Misandry: The Teaching of Contempt for Men in Popular Culture," say advertising merely holds up a mirror.

"We do see a statistical picture that tells us men are in trouble," Young says. "Their suicide rates are higher, their alcoholism rates are higher, they die earlier than women, and boys are dropping out of high school at much higher rates than girls are. The more negative imaging you get, the more it reinforces this. Boys can say, 'If this is the way society is going to look at us, we'll just act that way.'"

"The Myth of Male Power"
By Warren Farrell, Ph.D.
Random House, 371 pages softcover, $17.95
Akil Todd Harvey

Their suicide rates are higher, their alcoholism rates are higher, they die earlier than women, and boys are dropping out of high school at much higher rates than girls are
but there isnt a problem worth addressing since this is happening statistically to men....I dare to care........and if you have a problem with that......you can deal with the BOY cott the way the rest of em are gonna have to deal with it.............cuz we not gonna take it anymore...........

wake up men....the target is on your foreheads.....even if you dont see it.......

The other day I was at the Wells Fargo bank chatting with some fellow customers when this old chap says to me that all white men will be gone within a hundred years......And I say to him that he is wrong cuz i aint ready to go out so easily.......WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT, ANYMORE!!!!
Akil Todd Harvey

I got bad news for you GM......

The Men's movement is not like the women's movement, nor does it have to be.....rule number one of the men's movement, if there be such a thing, is not to be afriad to piss people off or to scare them.........It is not that we do not care about others, but it is merely a recognitiion that these ninnies are scared by their own shadow......they scare so eaily that the mere fact that they are scared means jack squat......the only thing these ninnies are really afraid of is the fact that we men are gonna wake up some day and realize we have been bamboozled.......

Men do not have to organize in the manner that women do.......and men do not have to act in the same manner that women do.....and men do not have to do anything in the same manner that women do.....women dont seem to want to be told what to do, but they sure seem to love telling others folks what to do.......Well, men are gonna figure this one out on our own, without women telling us how to do it......and without men telling us that we must do it in the manner that women would.......

We may choose to do some of the things that women do, but do not be surprised if we end up doing things in our own way......and dont be so scared and afraid all the time........We are men, not demons........
Akil Todd Harvey

I was hoping that some day we would eventually here what Ian's Issues are with his dad...........but that day has not come......

I was hoping that some day we would here what Bill's issues are with his dad...........even though he may have resolved them at some point, he might remember what these issues are or were......to post them not as a means of never forgiving, but to recall what traumas shaped his life........

Mary, too, likely had issues with her dad that she has yet to address in this thread, but I am still waiting..........

I have issues and I have dared to address them......in an attempt to deal with them in the most healing and psycholigically healthy ways that exist, to dare to talk about them when most everyone is quick to ignore their own issues and refuse at all costs to bring these issues to the forefront........

We all have had issues with our parents at some time or other and we all have dealt with these issues or not dealt with them in various ways......That is the human condition and that has not changed in millenia..........

If you dare to bring your parental issue to the fore, I will dare to discuss my parental issue with you, seriously. Otherwise, you are simply making judgments without daring to do the difficult work that must be done.....if you've done this work already, then a simple summary of the parental conflicts will suffice without rehashing the past in its full glory........Anyone who pretends that they never had gender sisues with their parents will be treated like the liar that they are......or the alien invader the scientologists have been looking for....
IJ

Post by IJ »

ATH: my big issue with my dad is that sometimes he's so eager to please, he tries to guess what everyone else wants to do, then he pretends its what he wants to do, and nobody can be sure what he wants to do anymore. That's about it. Happy?

If it suits you, continue to claim that there is a feminist cabal out to get you. Continue to claim to promote "healing" by posting 80 vitriolic posts in a row full of sexist generalizations ("women dont seem to want to be told what to do, but they sure seem to love telling others folks what to do,") which if memory serves are more prejudiced than anything either I or my supposed antimale "minions" have posted. (Trust me, my few minions are med students and residents and they're too busy on call to post anything).

Continue to believe, if you like, that these ads which show men bungling up housework are the product of an antimale conspiracy, perhaps conceived in a boardroom full of women operating without the influence of a single male executive. Imagine, if you like, that there are no second messages of this ad (women competently run the home--maybe they should just stay there?)

Perhaps in parallel, you could fantasize that all the negative depictions of blacks I mentioned are dreamed up solely by whites plotting to keep them in their place, and the black actors and singers contributing to some of the debauchery on display are, I dunno, kidnapped victims under mind control. Those negative racial images and negative or stereotypical images of women in advertising (I dunno, glued to some guy just because he wears Axe body spray... draped half naked over a car holding a hamburger... cooking and cleaning nearly every TV household... obsessed with makeup and hairdos) strike me as a bit more powerful.

It's that simple. A conspiracy. You are the victim of the single most evil extermination campaign in history. Enjoy your martyr status.

Actually ATH, it goes like this:

1) The world is still imperfect
2) Stereotypes about women, and men, yes, men, plus minorities, geographic regions and cultures, religions, vets, gay people, political parties and just about everything still permeate the world
3) Some of these stereotypes pop up in popular culture from tv to music to movies
4) It's right to combat these stereotypes, and by all means, feel free to do so.

I just think you could acknowledge that your doomsday fascination with the antimale pogrom is a little over the top. I've said it before, if you had a proportionate reaction to all the injustice in the world, or to the injustice wrought against women in islamic countries, for example, you would self combust. If you calmed down you might make better arguments. You appear to believe that higher male violent death or dropout rates can be blamed on antimale stereotypes in media. Well, your mirror image, the feminzi you despise, would like to claim these same facts as evidence of our more stupid and violent nature. And you're ignoring, oh, the far higher rates of depression in women, their higher suicide attempt rate, the higher suicide rate among female physicians for example. What does this prove? That they're exhaused from spending all their time plotting against you? This is complex stuff and if you're always in a frenzy and working from a conspiracy theory, you're not going to convince anyone, and you're going to miss the nuances of how we got in this weird situation and a chance to really improve it.

You could catch more flies with honey instead of insulting some of the very reasonable women that have replied to you. And I think your complaints would be more palatable if you didn't couch some antimale stereotypes as the end of the world when so many groups have suffered more.
--Ian
Akil Todd Harvey

That's right Ian, it is hard to imagine that there could be a conspiracy of females trying to keep men down, but so easily believed that there is some conspiracy of males trying to keep women down........

Perhaps I am proving my point in reverse..........

that not only is my argument over the top, but that the argument of feminists is over the top as well..........

Feminists are quick to point out a male conspiracy while denying the possibility of a female conspiracy......LOL......that is a good one.......

to which I say that if a male conspiracy is possible then so is it possible to have a female conspiracy

and keep in mind that at the beginning of this thread you were still maintaining the myth of male privelege (and conspiracy) to which I simply added the possibility that female privelege and conspiracy might actually exist and it might be bigger than anyone has ever imagined........to which you hinted that I was just involved in my own issues and the real issue didnt even exist or merit consideration.......and now that you have been shown to be full of sheet in regards to msitreatement of heterosexual men, now you want to talk nice....congrats, dude, congrats,,,,,,,maybe now that you are willing to concede that heterosexual men do have significant challenges and media inspired hatred i should just forget that you were quick to pretend that men are not attacked on a regular basis in the media, in the news, in the tv and in film.......yeah, uh huh

oh, and Ian, there have not been many reasonable women debating here, only one, not many.........Mary was the only one who came to talk, the rest are happy with the priveleges that they have and sure dont want to lose them..........

and i should probably be willing to take all the shots and not fire any back????!?!?!?!??! that is a funny one,,,,,LOL,,,,,,,,,,Ian, you may be new to this war on men and you are probably happy since it excludes you (the vast majoirty of the attacks on men are on straight men (gay men are considered honorary females)..........
. . Feminism has, for the first time in history, turned women from shaming individual men who are judged dishonorable, to shaming men in general and masculinity as an institution. And the very real danger in this is that if men come to perceive that there is no way for them to achieve honor, to be recognized publicly and privately as 'good' men, then they may sense that they have little to lose by taking what they want, since they have little to gain by restraining themselves.
so, they feel free to shame me all they want and i should just sit there and take it.....screw ewe........I have no time for that noise

"Feminism cannot survive an open debate."
-John Jones
and thus there was no open debate.......they started with insults and pretending that this issue had no weight and no import, but when that did not work they tried to minimize it, pretend it wasnt so bad...........When i brought other avenues of disabuse of men to prove that men were treated badly, you pretended to be bored by the repetitive nature of the argument.....to which i say, go away if you have nothign to add besides derision and disbelief......you want to prove me wrong, go ahead, you want me to shut up, i say screw ewe.............

remember women's voices and how they arent heard......now we have men's voices and the people who will do most anythign to avoid lsitening to men's voices with sincerity.............

Sorry, Ian, but i detect far more sincerity with regard to this issue from Mary than from you...............

go back to the page one of this thread if you dare and recall the personal attacks on me for daring to raise this issue...........

so, i dare to raise of issue of import to me and i get the personal attacks (mostly from men who have been trianed to come to the defense of women, despite being known for their maltreqatrment of women), but if i dare fight back, i am being unreasonable..............self d,,,,
Akil Todd Harvey

holy crap, he took over his own thread

i post the body of the articles cuz i cannot count the number of times i went to a thread and the body of the article cannot be found readily (easily-without registering at some remote site) and thus it can be difficult to post anything meaningful if you couldnt readily read the article about which everyone is commenting......

Generally, speaking (at least in the last year) I have done so only on threads that I have started myself (not that you arent allowed to post here, you should fee free, but if you think that just because you were treated well by women that I must have been treated well by women too, that doesnt fly.......I have my experiences and i dare to tell the world about them and how women have treated me badly (not all of them, but enough of them to have been pretty problematic)

Thing is, i recently came to the conclusion that i did come out all right, despite all the hardships that I endured at the hands of women and my goal now is to help other men who are not being treated fairly by women......and the first thing these men have to come to understand is that feminists, despite all their protestations to the contrary, do not represent your interests ..........

it was not by accident that the first people who came out to attack me personally were men..........and althoughg it surpsied me at first that it would be men that would be so quick to attack a man who dared to stand up for men's rights, it was informative...........it was part of my education about this issue that the biggest and most violent and virulent supporters of feminism are men...........and they think they are doing the right thiing by putting men in their place for daring to speak out against femnism in any way shpae or form...........

after taking some time to insult you, question your manhood, and basicly belittle you as much as possible, they are then ready to tackle the issue of feminism, (as if), not really, but they at least appear more reasonable than the first attack dogs that I had to deal with..........

yeah, Ian, I should have a target on my back since i dared criticize femnism.....and i should like having a target on my back, cuz i dared question the fairness of the femnists, and i shouldnt fight back, when the ideological feminists malign and make men look bad at most every turn.....

Yeah, Ian, you too can be a punching bag for ideological feminists and i think you will like that role.............put down your guard, Ian and take a shot for the team, will ya......
Akil Todd Harvey

However you've decided to help out your argument by asking one of the long-timer forum members and someone who posts with the upmost respectability if he's a rapist. I think that's a completely awful way to post. I generally try to follow the "discuss the issue not the person who posted it" rule. But iIn this case the issue isn't really the issue because of the way you've chosen to post it and how you've chosen to address the other posters.
Actually, Dana, while you do have a point, so do I.........

I had two points in mind......first, to deflect a personal attack with another personal attack......sorry, but Kevin was making his attack very personal (as opposed to addressing the issues) and i doubt that it was anything other than deliberate......Kevin had every opportunity to simply say that he did not agree with me for various reasons and state his own personal situation to explain how he felt differently......In fact, Kevin could have disagreed with me in many ways that did not involve personal attacks, but that was his choice, not mine, but given a personal attack, dont expect me to run away with my tail between my legs, expect a personal attack back......Nobody Attacks me with impunity (sound familiar?)

point number 2 is simple, too: that certain accusations against men have no defense............a double standard of the justice system (innocent until proven guilty) if ever there was one.........

there is no defense for men of certain accusations (rape, domestic abuse, etc), true or otherwise.........the taint of such accusations is so bad that even false accusations can stick for life........

thus, how easily any man can fall victim to false accusations........who was attacking me the most?..........feel free to disagree without being disagreeable..........

[presently dealing with a battered man on the phone, helping him resolve his issues of enabling his wife in her domestic abuse]

Put on your bras, shave your armpits and quit your bitching.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/775987/posts

If I had started with the above, i would welcome the personal attacks all the more........
Akil Todd Harvey

You don't need to post 5 different threads on the same exact topic, that's not a discussion, it's a monologue.
Which you could as easily ignore as post at....no one twisted your arm, not yet, anyway.......

Feel like there is a shortage of threads and i am using them all up, huh?

i guess you couldnt complain that i hijacked five different threads, so you had to come up with some other complaint......give me a call if you come up with a real complaint...........you act like i am wasting paper or somehting.............

feel free to ad or subtract and expect that personal attacks will be met with personal attacks....no one attacks who with impunity????????
Good god. Im surprised this discussion is getting as heated as it is.

THIS THREAD IS GAY!
no one made you post here and it may not be a suitable place for small children....this is a martial arts forum, not a kindegarden.........cant take the heat, stay out the tough issues..............
Akil Todd Harvey

No question about it. . . you have a legitimate gripe.
and that is exactly why they attacked you personally, cuz they are encouraged to attack men (& women) who dare to raise an issue important to men, which is like putting a target on your back.......

(in case you are wondering)- they are encouraged by the ideological & closedminded femnists........

Return to “Realist Training”