Protesting Immigration reform

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
cxt

Post by cxt »

IJ

Thats kinda the point, I certainly can't move to Germany or Japan and then expect them to do things in "my" language.

(heck for that matter just try and immigrate to Japan and see what is required)

Yet here in the States we print ballots in other languages, allow drivers test to be taken in other languages, you can even get your bills in other languages than English.

No other nation on earth is so "open handed" with things as the USA.

And that generous nature is killing us.

And its really bad for the immigrant--they end up trapped in a "language ghetto" were they never have to learn English at all.

English is the language of business world-wide and yet we have a movement in the USA to make English kinda optional.
IJ

Post by IJ »

So what you're saying is that yeah, they'd have to linguistically sink or swim in a world of voting rights, health care, and basic government services? I spose we could ask a legal immigrant to do everything in english and a relative would probably translate and help out and perhaps that would be an incentive. I think its a stretch to claim this is "killing" us however.
--Ian
IJ

Post by IJ »

--Ian
benzocaine

Post by benzocaine »

Indeed, the trend of illegal re-emigration is causing great resentment among the local Mexican population, and tension between Mexicans and illegally re-entered Mexicans—dubbed repatriados—continues to build.

"I hate these Mexicans, always coming back here to Mexico from America and taking American jobs from the Mexicans who stayed in Mexico," said 55-year-old former Goodyear factory manager Juan-Miguel Diaz, who lost his job to a better-trained repatriado last March. "Why don't they go back to where they went".
OMG! :silly:
Stryke

Post by Stryke »

"The American dream is alive and well in Mexico :,Reyes said."If I work hard,save my money , plan well , I will be able to send my children to a good school -and who knows ?, if they study hard , perhaps they will get jobs someday at the new plant General motors is building in China ."
:? :lol:

Return to “Realist Training”