Balttle of the Sexes

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
Akil Todd Harvey

Balttle of the Sexes

Post by Akil Todd Harvey »

not sure of the source fo this, but i like it
Battle of the sexes

Score one for the guys

I never quite figured out why the sexual urge of men and women differ so much. And I never have figured out the whole Venus and Mars thing. I have never figured out why men think with their head and women with their heart.

FOR EXAMPLE: One evening last week, my girlfriend and I were getting into bed.

Well, the passion starts to heat up, and she eventually says "I don't feel like it, I just want you to hold me."

I said "WHAT??!! What was that?!"

So she says the words that every boyfriend on the planet dreads to hear... "You're just not in touch with my emotional needs as a woman enough for me to satisfy your physical needs as a man." She responded to my puzzled look by saying, "Can't you just love me for who I am and not what I do for you in the bedroom?"

Realizing that nothing was going to happen that night, I went to sleep.

The very next day I opted to take the day off of work to spend time with her. We went out to a nice lunch and then went shopping at a big, big unnamed department store. I walked around with her while she tried on several different very expensive outfits. She couldn't decide which one to take so I told her we'd just buy them all. She wanted new shoes to compliment her new clothes, so I said lets get a pair for each outfit. We went onto the jewelry department where she picked out a pair of diamond earrings. Let me tell you...she was so excited. She must have thought I was one wave short of a shipwreck. I started to think she was testing me because she asked for a tennis bracelet when she doesn't even know how to play tennis. I think I threw her for a loop when I said, "That's fine, honey." She was almost nearing sexual satisfaction from all of the excitement. Smiling with excited anticipation she finally said, "I think this is all
dear, let's go to the cashier."

I could hardly contain myself when I blurted out, "No honey, I don't feel like it."

Her face just went completely blank as her jaw dropped with a baffled WHAT?"

I then said "honey! I just want you to HOLD this stuff for a while. You're just not in touch with my financial needs as a man enough for me to satisfy your shopping needs as a woman." And just when she had this look like she was going to kill me, I added, "Why can't you just love me for who I am and not for the things I buy you?"

Apparently I'm not having sex tonight either....
Seek knowledge from cradle to grave
Mary S

Post by Mary S »

Subject: WORLDS SHORTEST FAIRYTALE...

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl "Will you marry me?" The girl said, NO!" And the girl lived happily ever after and went shopping, dancing, camping, drank martinis, always had a clean house, never had to cook, had sex with whomever she pleased..... She did whatever the hell she wanted, never argued, didn't get fat, traveled more, had many boyfriends, saved more money, had all the hot water to herself, never had pubic hairs under the toilet seat lid, She watched chick flicks, never had football on, never wore fricken lacy lingerie that went up her ass, had high self esteem, never cried or yelled, and felt and looked good in sweat pants and shirt.

THE END :D
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

Mary S wrote:Subject: WORLDS SHORTEST FAIRYTALE...

Once upon a time, a guy asked a girl "Will you marry me?" The girl said, NO!" And the girl lived happily ever after and went shopping, dancing, camping, drank martinis, always had a clean house, never had to cook, had sex with whomever she pleased..... She did whatever the hell she wanted, never argued, didn't get fat, traveled more, had many boyfriends, saved more money, had all the hot water to herself, never had pubic hairs under the toilet seat lid, She watched chick flicks, never had football on, never wore fricken lacy lingerie that went up her ass, had high self esteem, never cried or yelled, and felt and looked good in sweat pants and shirt.

THE END :D
You met my girlfriend?
Akil Todd Harvey

Post by Akil Todd Harvey »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marriage_strike

not that we could get people interested in this, but here are some unequal statistics regarding marriage that disturb few men and rarely raise an eyebrown with women....

Divorced/separated men commit suicide 400% more than women

15% of men are awarded custody of their own children, unchanged since 1994

Annual support payments increase 18% to $40 billion paid by 7.8 million separated parents, 6.6 million are fathers

A marriage strike is the avoidance of marriage, especially by men. The term is often used by masculists to suggest that many men avoid (or should avoid) marriage out of a conscious fear of financial devastation in the event of divorce.

Advocates of the marriage strike hold that through the combination of laws permitting no-fault divorce and prevailing conditions in divorce courts that are substantially more likely to favor the wife over the husband in disputes over child custody, visitation rights, ownership of the family residence and other shared property, child support, and alimony, it is possible for a woman to divorce her husband unilaterally while simultaneously depriving him of the right to see his offspring and financially crippling him.

They argue that since the divorce rate is high, and since women are more likely than men to seek no-fault divorce, scenarios like the above are a likely outcome of marriage, and that many men, fearing such an outcome, choose not to marry.

There have been numerous studies showing that a range of 60 to 93 percent of no-fault divorces in the United States were initiated by women, usually against a man who works a blue-collar job, for grounds cited as "emotional unfulfillment."

so who benefits the most when they dont marry? and who is holding off on marriage more? Men or women? not that anyone cares to discuss such an important topic
Seek knowledge from cradle to grave
IJ

Post by IJ »

Men can always get a prenup or not get married if they don't like the institution. Or, just try to marry another guy, odds are you won't succeed. Separating your posessions when you break up can be tricky, so keep records. And life goes on.

Do we want to flesh out these stats a bit to make them useful? For example, 4x as many divorced men as women commit suicide. I assume you find this evidence of unequal treatment in divorce?

But what if 10x as many women attempt suicide? And they just pick less lethal means then men, or perhaps aren't as impulsive, which might have nothing to do with marriage?

What if the rate is 4x DURING and BEFORE marriage? In other words, there may be no association whatsoever, and then there's a different conversation to hold.

What if unmarried men kill themselves 5x as often as unmarried women? Then we're looking at a protective effect for marriage. What if marrying a woman lowers your risk more than marrying a man? Doesn't that imply some unfairness as far as a woman's experience? If you really wanted to discuss these matters....

Just some of the detail that's required before diving into just one of the stats and may show things aren't as you believe them to be. Or maybe they are. What's the data?
--Ian
Andrew Heuett

Post by Andrew Heuett »

Divorced/separated men commit suicide 400% more than women
Women attempt more, men are more successful (if you can call that success). If the attempt rate was present, we might have something to work with.

Women are more likely to initiate divorce, men are more likely to be surprised and become depressed. By the time divorce comes around the woman has usually already come to terms with the impending result.
15% of men are awarded custody of their own children, unchanged since 1994
Some of this is bias (definately bias in WA state), but some of it is sticking the kids with the parent who has done the most parenting. What's more common--stay-at-home moms or stay-at-home dads?
Annual support payments increase 18% to $40 billion paid by 7.8 million separated parents, 6.6 million are fathers
If the mother gets the kids then the father pays the child support. Why would the parent with the kids pay the other child support? Also, you didn't give a time frame for the increase. Inflation makes payment increases out of context not worth noting.
There have been numerous studies showing that a range of 60 to 93 percent of no-fault divorces in the United States were initiated by women, usually against a man who works a blue-collar job, for grounds cited as "emotional unfulfillment."
Are you going to cite specific studies this time or can we safely ignore this statement?

Return to “Realist Training”