Quite a commercial

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
f.Channell

Post by f.Channell »

to answer Johns question there was a once year mini ice age 100 years ago when there was a massive volcanic eruption and the dust blocked out the suns rays.

It snowed every month in Vermont through the summer which is very unusual.

There were massive crop failures around the world.

I forget the name of the mountain which erupted.

Problem with global warming is it's already too late if it's true.

In 50-100 years when Manhattan and Florida are underwater I'll be dead anyway.

When you hear polar bears are extinct in the wild that will be sign number 1. they need the ice to hunt and survive.

F.
Sans Peur Ne Obliviscaris
www.hinghamkarate.com
Willy

Post by Willy »

Cowering under the sky.

The falling sky is a popular position

is it timing timing timing or location location location?

So many contradicting forecasts

I hope the sky is not falling

We have a 4th monkey!
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

If we cant believe scientists? Who can we believe?

How do we know what is authentic? In terms of social/global issues?

This is why i dont believe the news.
Willy

thalidomide anyone?

Post by Willy »

Yeah it's tough when they don't agree.

I've worked with many researchers in both the fields of biology and ecology many of them are far from experts. School kids doing advanced homework trying to be the next in the peer group to get a ma or phd.

When the dust settles lots of research just askes more questions to drive additional funding, and it is benificial in many fields if advocacy groups do your campaining for you.Unemployment ***** no matter what the skill set.

Not all science is flawed, not all research is advocacy group driven, but that that is should raise a few eyebrows.

No offence to honest scientist intended.
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

Inflation is coming. :lol:
IJ

Post by IJ »

Of course, the volcano lesson suggests a solution too, if 1) there turns out to be a problem and 2) we don't do anything about it because we a) like being rich and pampered b) don't believe in birth control c) don't want to rely on alternative fuels d) don't want to look like we're overreacting or gullible or anything, right up until the point at which its irrefutable and irreversible:

We can just blow ourselves up, enough to make a nuclear winter! Provided we can't engineer a solution, whether its convincing algae oceanwide to take in more carbon, or creating the atmosphere processors from Aliens, or somehow reducing our energy absorption from the sun.
--Ian
mhosea

Post by mhosea »

Interesting article here. Doesn't say that global warming isn't happening, but it does point out certain problems with the way scientific consensus is being reported.

http://www.boston.com/news/science/arti ... scientist/
Mike
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

Im debating if i should go and see the Al Gore's new documentary.

Im expecting it to be as unreliable as micheal moores films, so i dont expect much.

But who knows, i may be surprised.

Return to “Realist Training”