Welcome back Dave!

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
Van Canna

Post by Van Canna »

Hi Dave,

Always a pleasure. You can cover the truisms of defensive/survival component in ways none of us have really been exposed to or care to imagine.

I will give you one example of this very quickly, and you can bank on it: _ your ‘come to Jesus’ drill will be looked at as a ‘rug lying askew’ on the Uechi dojo floor_ because of the counterpoint that a ‘properly drilled’ Uechi-ka would not go down in the manner you describe.

I am glad you are doing this, because in the past _on my forum, where I act as a ‘facilitator’ in bringing expert knowledge to the fore, we have seen resentment and backlash.

Since you and Roy have been back into the fold and your teachings are now the theme for future camps, we seem to be observing a ‘reversal of fortunes', with not only acceptance but _ a promoting of heretofore unsettling truisms.

You may not get the ‘misfiring tail pipe’ response just yet, but keep your eyes open. :wink:

I would also like to see discussed, as you indicated in our chat at camp, specialized programming to minimize the danger of losing fingers and tendons to the ‘sudden blade’ when a Uechi-ka sticks his arms and fingers out into ‘the zone’ by instinct as per the style.

Also how to avoid sudden small circle jujutsu applications against this Uechi Kamae tendency of sticking fingers in your face.

Thanks, Dave. :)
Van
Dave Young

OK

Post by Dave Young »

Sure I will give this a try...

Dave
CJG

Post by CJG »

Dave!

You are the first person I've been formally introduced to only after having ripped and stripped a simulation hand gun down your front side. And our relationship has been everything I've hoped for since that day.

I saw mention of your forum on one of Van's threads and had to say thanks to you, and Roy, for the great training at camp.

Looking forward to more discussion...
Dave Young

Thank you...

Post by Dave Young »

Please look through the other threads and post your comments......Thanks for atending the seminar we gave and I look forward to training with you again some time....

Dave
RA Miller

Post by RA Miller »

Dave-

I wanted to throw in a big "welcome". You've stimulated some great discussion and got me typing more than I have in months.

Thank you.
Dave Young

Thanks RA

Post by Dave Young »

How is the weather there in OR?
I will be out there again in Dec this year in Portland training.

Dave
RA Miller

Post by RA Miller »

Sunny so far for the summer. Do you need a place to stay? I usually have a decent scotch on hand and the view from the deck is very relaxing.
Dave Young

Thanks....

Post by Dave Young »

for the offer...I am on with lodging thank you very much for your sincere offer.....We will stay in touch and I will le you know if anything changes in that area...

thanks Again..

Dave

Return to “Realist Training”