Mideast "misinformation"..

This is Dave Young's Forum.
Can you really bridge the gap between reality and training? Between traditional karate and real world encounters? Absolutely, we will address in this forum why this transition is necessary and critical for survival, and provide suggestions on how to do this correctly. So come in and feel welcomed, but leave your egos at the door!
gmattson
Site Admin

Mideast "misinformation"..

Post by gmattson »

Photo editing tools "enhance" reality???

http://www.aish.com/movies/PhotoFraud.asp
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

I think thier making a big deal out of this.

Though its pretty pointless to photo edit in my opinion, the reality is bad enough as it is.
wes tasker

Post by wes tasker »

Mattson Sensei-

So by your thread title, do you think this has far reaching implications? What does this mean to you? Does it invalidate what's going on over there to you? Between this and the Dennis Miller quote thread what are you trying to say? Why don't you come out and say your opinion rather than sniping at the edges with these posts of other things???

-wes tasker
gmattson
Site Admin

Wes..

Post by gmattson »

You obviously are reading a lot more into these clips than I did when a friend from Israel sent them to me.

I simply found it interesting that major publications would resort to editing photos for effect.

Whenever someone sends me something interesting that might generate discussion here, I'll post it. I don't know enough about the real facts behind the Mideast struggles to form an opinion about who is right and who is wrong. My only official political commentary is "Lets stop the killing and lets look for ways to peacefully coexist."
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
CANDANeh

Real facts

Post by CANDANeh »

No one knows for certain. Experts fail to say that they are simply damn fools (my opinion and I stick to it) Interesting thing was when the conflict in the middle East erupted there was a forum I discovered where young adults were exchanging information almost live (much like this forum) . They were (most part, some political banter but not to extent I expected) wishing each other well and when one youngster said he heard bombings nearby a number from Isreal chimed in telling him to seek shelter. The site seems down now and I have reason to guess why.
Léo
AAAhmed46

Post by AAAhmed46 »

That that this is being brought to light now is rather strange.

The news always does stuff like this all the time for alot of things.

This is very simply marketting.

Take away all doctering of the photos and it's still pretty horrible.

And do you think its done only for one side? I doubt it.

The media doesnt exist to keep us informed, it exists so we can hear our views and opinions 'confirmed', the security of having ''evidence'' supporting our view points.

WE control the media essentially, to a degree at least. Our opinions shape what comes on the news.

IE In canada we have GLOBAL for the canadian rightwing views, and CBC for the left.

Both sides dont want to present evidence, they want viewers, they pick a target group and bring ''evidence'' to support an opinion.

It is NOT bias, its marketting.

And this little fiasco is a result of marketting.

But this website it self, aish it is a website on judaism. It appeals to a certain group to get hits.

Lets face it, if they tend to take a more 'pro-isreal' stance, it kind of is in thier benefit, for look at the subject matter of the website.

Here is my problem with most people who talk about these doctered photos.

They automatically assume that every picture is doctered.

And hold the belief that ''isreal can do no wrong!''

But get rid of all doctering, and you still have some pretty depressing photos.

I couldnt find any lebanese websites, that is i didnt try, if i did try i may come across some crazy ass stuff.

Anyway, here check this out, dont you think this view targets a specific group with specific beliefes?

http://www.markfiore.com/animation/smarty.html

And this one is just funny, kinda balanced actually. Well, not in the american political spectrum, but its MORE balanced then others.

http://www.markfiore.com/animation/swear01.html
wes tasker

Post by wes tasker »

Mattson Sensei-
You obviously are reading a lot more into these clips than I did when a friend from Israel sent them to me.
It's not the clips I was reading into but your posts...
I don't know enough about the real facts behind the Mideast struggles to form an opinion about who is right and who is wrong. My only official political commentary is "Lets stop the killing and lets look for ways to peacefully coexist."
That's actually very refreshing to hear...

-wes tasker
fivedragons

Post by fivedragons »

There are a whole lot of innocent people being burned to death. The children of Lebanon don't have anything to do with some sick game of brinksmanship between "hezbollah and Israel". If there is a god, there are a whole lot of people in this world who will burn in hell.

If there isn't a god, there are still people in this world who understand that a baby has the right to grow up in a world of love and not be immolated by evil monsters. Sometimes I thank god for villians, because without them, we wouldn't know what love is.

May god bless all the poor people in Lebanon. May god bless all people, all over the world.
fivedragons

Post by fivedragons »

I'd like to take everyone who rejoices in war, and put them in a ######## meat grinder. :evil:
mhosea

Post by mhosea »

fivedragons wrote:I'd like to take everyone who rejoices in war, and put them in a ######## meat grinder. :evil:
Why don't we just broaden it to everyone who would like to do violence to other people. Wait a minute....
:?
Mike
fivedragons

Post by fivedragons »

:lol:
JOHN THURSTON

War

Post by JOHN THURSTON »

WAr;

Some old thoughts:

Violence never settles anything-Where then lies the city of Carthage?

"It is well War is so awful, lest we grow too fond of it" I believe from the Mouth of a conferedate General at Fredericksburg 1862,

" a man is a problem, no man, no more problem" paraphrase of a Josef Stalin comment as he was adding names to his infamous list.

"I am scared by war" JT

"We had best be good at War, we have been doing it a long time" unknown European leader.

I will refrain from restating "if you wish peace---etc.." A moderator's motto ( Roman saying).

"there has been so much blood in the desert, cannot we fertilize the land with something else" song lyrics, I won't say whose.

History shows unrelenting strife I fear it will continue for some time. We may well kill ourselves off by other means before we evolve to a peaceful creature.

I guess we have to deal with that as it stands. As long as armed people hate and prey on us, we have to act accordingly.

"if good men do nothing, then evil may prevail"

JT
"All Enlightenment Gratefully Accepted"
mikemurphy

Post by mikemurphy »

"It is well War is so awful, lest we grow too fond of it" I believe from the Mouth of a conferedate General at Fredericksburg 1862,

From the lips of General Robert E. Lee after looking at the carnage of Fredericksburg's 12,000 Union casualties.

"War is Hell"

Maj. General William T. Sherman

"Simply Murder"

Maj. General D.H. Hill (CSA) in commenting the shameful waste of life at Malvern Hill 1862.

And so on, and so on, and so on.

mike
f.Channell

Post by f.Channell »

A captain from Rhode Island in the 7th Regiment infantry by the name of Captain Alfred Channell fought at Fredericksburg at the battle of Marye's Heights. My 3rd Great Uncle.

Those who didn't die in the following months got a terrible stomach virus.
This plagued him the rest of his life.

F.
Sans Peur Ne Obliviscaris
www.hinghamkarate.com
Tao_in_the_Mountians

Post by Tao_in_the_Mountians »

This goes to show me even more that most of what I see and hear, as well most of the history that I was tot is generally wrong or misleading.

I have always thought people in the media and the political arena are not telling the masses the whole truth, but the full reasoning still escapes me.
Granted political bodies have been involved with censorship of the news all the way through the cold war for reasons do to National Security. The cold war
was supposed to have ended in 1989 with the democratization of the former Soviet Union, and the fall of the wall. In my opinion it has been pretty obvious that there is still some sort of governmental control on what is news and what is not.

Maybe if people started to notice that our governments control on what we see and hear are no better than Chinas we might start taking more of a political stand and change what it is that keeps us in the dark when inferred cameras are everywhere..

Any way I should stop here before I get started.
Someone might be reading this and think I am a crack pot conspiracy theorist or some sort of threat on "Freedom".

Amos from Banff.

Return to “Realist Training”