Hello to all

New members and old members are invited to introduce (or re-introduce) themselves to the community.

Moderator: Available

J. Sheldon

Hello to all

Post by J. Sheldon »

I would like to say hello to all my new brothers and sisters in the martial arts. I look forword to our disscusions and
learning from everyone. I would like to thank Sensei Mattson for making this possible, it is truly an honor to know him and to be able to talk with him . I started training in uechi when I was 31 but had to stop because of family .I started training in Jiu JItsu when I was 41 and I am still going,I love it !

My Best to All

J. Sheldon
gmattson
Site Admin

Welcome aboard Jack.

Post by gmattson »

Looking forward to some interesting discussions on the JiuJitsu forum.
GEM
"Do or do not. there is no try!"
CANDANeh

diddo that

Post by CANDANeh »

How long did you study Uechi Sheldon? I know little about the art you now study and looking forward to "peek in the door"
Best wishes to you as well.
Léo
J. Sheldon

Shinto Yoshin Kai

Post by J. Sheldon »

The art that I started training is Shinto Yoshin Kai jiu Jitsu.It teaches balance,leverage ,sensitivity,attacking opponents weakness and using opponents strengh against them. There are ten elements of this style.1. Ukemi- falling practice 2.Nage-throwing 3. Kensetsu- joint locking 4. Atemi- vital striking 5.Uke Kata blocking techniques 6. Dachi Waza- stances7.Katamaewaza - groundwork positions and techniques 8. Kimenokata- forms of self defense, these are scripted 9.Renzokuwaza- continuous movement techniques 10. Ashiwaza- movement and footwork.

Return to “Member Introductions”